Leidos is looking for a Mid-Senior Level Network Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a large, complex, fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools in providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support for a program that is injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities, while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected candidate will be responsible for router/switch/firewall configuration and security management of an environment that includes networking equipment from several different manufacturers, as well as Windows/Linux servers, databases, VMware and security hardware & software. The network includes local and geographically dispersed LAN enclaves connected by WAN links. The selected individual will be part of a team that builds, maintains, and develops enhancements for a large, complex set of geographically disperse Information Technology (IT) systems. She/he will plan and design network components/configurations to ensure that resources (hardware/software) are in place to enable the team to monitor and manage the IT system infrastructure and all processes and components related to these systems (both hardware and software). She/he will engineer solutions for expanding capacity, improving response time, and streamlining network operations throughout the internal and operational systems, will monitor and analyze mission critical networks and servers, and will set up, manage, and maintain security management and application performance optimization functions across internal and customer systems.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide network administration support for development, deployment, and problem identification and remediation of the enterprise network environment.
- Plan and implement IT/network enhancements and undertake project work.
- Monitor and correct network issues.
- Communicate with users and publish status of any system outages, as needed.
- Provide timely and professional support in response to calls and emails.
- Participate in the creation and ongoing maintenance of network documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Provide enterprise network support, working closely with the IT service provider teams to ensure customer requirements are considered and supported by the evolving LAN/WAN architecture.
- Provide technical assistance to companion work groups in support of overlapping projects and maintain good inter-departmental relations.
- Execute the process for managing information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs) and system security scanning for equipment suites in accordance with the System Security Plans for these systems in order to rapidly and accurately identify and remediate IAVAs.
- Initiate IAVA responses and system security scans, completing remediation, extending IAVA patches and security updates to designated sites, and execute monthly security scans.
- Provide analysis on existing network and server configurations and develop plans for system enhancements.
- Examine system data and implement enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Plan and manage system installations and upgrades for networks and servers (hardware and software).
- Propose, design, test, and install capabilities that are new to the environment.
- Assess the impact of system changes to the team and to the infrastructure.
- Provide written and in-person status to leadership.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of technical data such as rack elevations, installation instructions, and other as built designs.
- Respond to system network, operations, and maintenance problems while off duty, on an on-call basis.
- Some travel required (<10%).
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field and at least eight (8) years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must have experience providing analysis, root cause diagnosis, and troubleshooting for routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Must have experience with hardware/software from Cisco Systems.
- Must have experience with various vendor networking products (switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Must have experience providing direct assistance to users.
- Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous in their work.
- Must possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Must be able to support limited instances of providing after-hours support for network administration, operations, and maintenance problems.
- Experience with KG-175 and/or KG255 configuration and deployment.
- Experience with Solarwinds or other similar network monitoring application, configuration, and monitoring tool.
- Experience with VMWare 7 or higher usage and network configuration.
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Cisco Nexus/Catalyst/ASA/ISR/XE, McAfee Sidewinder, PaloAlto, Juniper, IPSEC, NAT, SCP, TFTP.
Pay Range $84,500.00 – $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.