Careers | Cisco Service, Enterprise Networking & Unified Communications | ABS Technology
– Company News
– Our Partners
– Our People
– Our Clients
– Higher Ed
– Enterprise Networking
– Cisco Security Solutions
– Communication + Collaboration
– Cisco Collaboration Solutions
– Data Center + Cloud Solutions
– Cisco Data Center Solutions
– Structured Cabling
– Project Management
– Staffing + Recruiting
– Lifecycle + Managed Services
– Submit a Ticket
– Free Consultation
– Return To Job Search
Job Title:Network Engineer
Location:Virginia Beach, VA
Job Type:Full Time
Job Function:Information Technology
| |Email this job
ABS Technology is expanding and has a need for a talented and motivated Network Engineer to join our Team in Virginia Beach. As a Network Engineer with ABS, you will be afforded opportunities to work with proven, leading edge solutions.
You will be implementing best of breed solutions based upon Client Statements of Works while using industry best practices. This will include design, implementation, testing, and where applicable end user training, with an end goal of maintaining and promoting customer satisfaction.
THE DETAILS (WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR)
– Ensure successful delivery of projects by adhering to ABS, industry and vendor best-practices
– Communicate consistently and frequently with the ABS PMO on current project status
– Act as a key member of the ABS Team as both a student and mentor.
– This includes assisting Junior Engineers in their development path and seeking assistance from Senior Engineers to resolve outstanding issues in Employee’s projects, support tickets and accounts
– Stay abreast of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
– Reviews documentation/work of peers as requested
– Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
– Ensure adherence to the established methodologies, standards, tools, processes, policies, and procedures
– Review and contribute to delivering and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
– Verify results by conducting audits of technologies implemented
– Recommends strategies, policies, and procedures as related to issues and resolutions as encountered during projects.
– Maintains quality service by adhering to organization standards
– Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
– Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
THE ESSENTIALS (OBLIGATORY REQUIREMENTS)
– 2-3 years related experience
– CCNA Route Switch or CCNA Wireless
– Technical fluency in:
– Fundamental Networking Security (Firewalls, VPN, etc)
– Core Route Switch (Basic Protocols)
– Wireless Networks (Fundamental configuration and troubleshooting)
– Basic Unix
THE NON-ESSENTIALS (BUT NICE TO HAVE)
– Bachelor’s degree (Engineering) preferred
– CCNP Preferred
ABS Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Would you like to apply to this job?
for the Network Engineer position
ABS delivers exceptional client outcomes by providing the most advanced technologies to support their business goals and objectives.
– Security + Networking
– Voice + UC Solutions
– Cloud + Data Center
– Structured Cabling
– Project Management
– IT Staffing + Recruiting
– Lifecycle + Managed Service
DCJS # 11-4301
Follow on Instagram
2809 S Lynnhaven Rd,
Ste 250, Virginia Beach,
Virginia Beach Branch Office
417 S. Lynnhaven Rd.,
Ste. 103-105 Virginia Beach,
16 S 17th St,
Richmond, VA 23219
109 Norfolk Ave 2nd Floor,
Roanoke, VA 24011
Copyright 2017, ABS Technology. All rights reserved. Sitemap. Web Design by TechArk.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.