Serves as advanced technologist for an individual technology or set of technologies.
– Work closely with Technology management, senior Engineers, and support teams on a regular basis to implement and manage the design, development, and execution of technical solutions that meet or exceed current and future needs of the organization.
– Responsibilities may include infrastructure review, implementation, and design, creation of support and architectural documentation, standards, policies, analysis, and testing.
– Regularly and independently interact with business partners of varying associate and management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements.
– Coordinate vendor interactions and/or vendor resources as needed.
– Mentor and coach less experienced engineers, technicians, and integrators. Review documentation, proposals, and changes proposed by less experienced staff.
– Seek to expand knowledge and understanding of Financial Services trends, practices, and technologies on a continuous basis.
– Follow and promote use of industry best practices, standards and procedures.
– Maintain a strong aptitude and working knowledge of Bank applications, systems, development environments. Maintain a detailed understanding of vendor technologies and services used by the Bank.
– Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
– Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M & T Bank brand.
– Maintain M & T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
– Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Combined minimum of 6 years’ higher education and/or work experience in systems design, management and/or architecture
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Minimum 6 years’ professional experience in a technical engineering position involving infrastructure design technologies, data management and interchange, system design and/or development for complex applications
Ability to translate complex business and functional requirements into structured high quality implementations using any variety of industry standard approaches
Advanced technical skills
Advanced analytical skills
Advanced troubleshooting skills
Advanced problem solving skills
Advanced knowledge and advanced expertise in industry and/or vendor technologies
Able to solicit, gather, document, and analyze system specification and requirements
Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
Ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
Understanding of how supported technologies interact with other systems and services
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Effective influencing skills
Strong knowledge of server/client and virtual technologies
Able to learn quickly in a rapid pace environment
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: R02227
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
M & T Bank
M & T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M & T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients. Contact Info
– Amherst, NY
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.