A prestigious company is on the search for a Network Engineer. This individual needs to come from large financial enterprise company background. The keys are WAN LAN routing and switching (OSPF, BGP, STP). This individual needs to have 10+ years of industry experience within Network Engineering. This individual needs Python Scripting and Multi Cast experience.
* Juggle numerous project implementation and design initiatives, with a focus on automation, documentation and collaboration with other teams
* Provide subject matter expertise for various deployments and technologies (CISCO, Juniper, Palo Alto) within the Network Services team
* Participate in frequent vendor evaluations, with the ability to stand up and tear down hardware/virtual environments and scenarios in a rapid fashion
* Serve as an escalation point to the Network Operations team, to assist with troubleshooting complex issues, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures at an expert level
* Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to design and support a multi-vendor environment
* Constantly evaluate existing designs or processes, while not being afraid to propose and implement changes to them
* Participate in an on-call rotation (approximately every eight weeks)
* Ability to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
* Use and improve network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
* React to an ever changing global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
* Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
* 10+ years of industry experience within Network Engineering
* Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
* Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
* Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc.)
* Familiarity and/or experience with Scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.