Job Description – Ball Corporation
Network Engineer (******)
OH – Dayton (Fairborn)
Return to Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe–from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Ball Aerospace is looking for a talented Network Engineer with DevOps experience. The ideal candidate will create efficiencies within day to day system operations and help migrate our customer’s technologies and infrastructure to hybrid Cloud services utilizing a mix of legacy and bleeding edge technologies.
– Implement, monitor and manage Compute and Web Service technologies in a Hybrid (on-premises and Cloud based) environment. The position is on-site at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.
– Contribute to establishing a DevOps culture within Ball Aerospace and the customer’s operational space
– Contribute to developing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Pipelines for services and applications
– Implement fixes and modifications to the Wide Area Network and the Local Area Network
– Establish and maintain adequate backup and recovery for all network devices
– Independently troubleshoot server, storage, and networking problems to correct malfunctions and other operational issues
– Develop job control procedures or work flow diagrams for commonly used processes
– Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Perform other duties as necessary.
Ideal candidate will possess:
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, teamwork mentality, and verbal and written technical communication skills
– The ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to meet various business and technical needs.
– Proven ability to apply knowledge across a variety of dynamic environments
– Proven ability to lead initiatives interacting with peers across departments, customer organizations, and management teams
– Experience creating automation processes for IT environments (CHEF, Puppet, etc.).
– Expert performance troubleshooting skills between Web services/******* applications and back end infrastructure such as SQL, Storage, other web services.
– Proficient knowledge of client server environments, networking components, and client operating systems
– Familiarity with, or an ability to learn, security and industry compliance practices
– DoD 8570 level II knowledge
– Cyber systems development and sustainment for DoD systems
– Network protection, attack, and exploitation experience
– Integration and test requirements for DoD & USAF systems
– Knowledge of DoD, USAF, and interagency information assurance requirements
– Knowledge of DoD, USAF, and interagency security accreditation procedures
– Basic understanding of ITIL and/or scaled agile best practice
– BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience
– Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
– 5+ years supporting enterprise web server applications with database back end infrastructure
– Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems
– Knowledge of Microsoft .Net framework required
– Strong database knowledge, especially MySQL and SQL Server
– Ability to troubleshoot advanced application performance issues from end to end (software, server, network, storage)
– Strong time-management and organizational skills, project management skills
– Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
– May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
– May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
– Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Return to Page
– Candidate Experience
Default Local Node:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.