: Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world s leading independent,
end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of
innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the
Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC
Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients
across 70 countries. The company s technology independence, global
talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful
next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is
recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more
information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Assists in planning and evaluating various phases of voice/data
Essential Job Functions
* Maintains data, voice or video network hardware and systems;
investigates and resolves network and hardware matters of
significance; researches, analyzes, isolates and resolves errors;
assesses and updates older networks as needed and in accordance
with specified plans.
* Provides technical support on data, voice or video networks for
internal and/or external customers; answers technical questions;
recommends and implements approved course of action. Provides
technical leadership for data or voice network problem escalation
* Installs and maintains network facilities, including hardware,
software, and system data for small to medium sized networks.
Installs network applications on network servers or voice
equipment; maintains, tests, researches and resolves problems.
Determines appropriate standard testing routines or scripts; may
test various voice or data equipment such as routers, switches,
hubs or optical equipment, or multi-function switches, end
offices, signaling transfer points, private branch exchanges
(PBX), voice mail, and call management system, etc. for
* Designs, implements and maintains various networks such as LAN,
WAN, and voice systems in accordance with specified requirements.
Prepares data or voice network diagrams and drawings to document
and assist in communicating current operational status of
* Performs data or voice network configurations and configuration
changes of various voice or data equipment such as routers,
switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices,
signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management
systems, etc. to enhance performance.
* Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced
* Prepares routine proposal documentation and information to meet
customer requirements. Prepares routine cost analyses and vendor
comparisons to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and
measures feasibility of various approaches.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics
or related field preferred
* 5+ years of experience in voice or data network – switching,
cabling, and/or an equivalent combination of education,
certification(s), and/or related experience
* Data center networking and network architecture experience a plus
* Network security experience needed
* Experience working with office software applications such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
* Experience working with Wireless networking or videoconferencing
experience a plus
* CCNP or Security + certifications are preferred
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
* Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Must be a US Citizen, based on Federal/Government regulations
* Must be able to work on site in an office/manufacturing
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.