Careers Center | Network Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Job Locations US-WI-Fond du Lac
Post Start Date 2 hours ago(2 hours ago)
Req No. 2018-1472
Internal or Internal/External Internal/External
Category Information Technology
Weeks Per Year 249 day contract
Summary of Work Schedule – Academic Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week – Academic 37.5
Summary of Work Schedule – Summer Monday through Thursday – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Total Hours/Week – Summer 34
Wage Grade/Pay Rate N/A
Hiring Range 2018-19 Management: D2 – $59,505 – $74,380
Applications are being accepted for a full-time Network Engineer at Moraine Park Technical College, Fond du Lac campus. This position is responsible for the planning, installation, maintenance and support of enterprise-wide communication networks (LAN and WAN) for the MPTC computing network. This includes providing support to ensure information integrity, confidentiality and efficient network operations to provide maximum performance and availability of data across a multi-site education network.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, initial screening will take place October 9, 2018.
1. Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Three years of progressively responsible information technology experience working with network infrastructure, protocols, design and implementation.
3. Experience with Cisco technologies including routers/switches, LAN/WAN, and Unified communications.
4. Experience with telecommunications infrastructure support to include traffic routing, quality of service, MPLS and VoIP.
5. Experience with wireless network access points and controllers, video surveillance technology and recording, access control systems and data center environmental systems is preferred.
6. Ability to diagnose and resolve networking issues associated with the computing environment.
7. Experience working in a team-based collaborative environment; experience working on large infrastructure projects as a team member.
8. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
9. Strong communication, project management and multi-tasking skills are required.
10. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
11. Ability to manage third party and vendor relationships preferred.
12. Schedule flexibility to work in a 24×7 multi-site environment oriented toward a zero downtime goal.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and occupational experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
2. Minimum of four years of experience in a business analyst role with experience in Business Process Analysis; experience in higher education is preferred.
3. Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance and the creation of test and implementation plans.
4. Strong communication, project management, and multi-tasking skills are required.
5. Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
6. Working knowledge of basic Information Technology principles in regard to Networking, Security, Business Intelligence, Data Storage, Software Development, and User Support.
7. Ability to read, analyze and interpret College requirements and technical documentation.
8. Competency in graphing, diagramming and flowcharting business processes to be used for documentation, training, testing and development of specifications.
9. Ability to work in a team-based, highly participative quality environment.
10. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is respectful and accepting of diversity.
11. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required. Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff and students on a daily basis.
12. Ability to work independently under pressure, exercising good judgment with minimum supervision.
Group Life Insurance
Group Health Insurance
Group Dental Insurance
Group Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Accumulative Sick Leave
403(b)/457 Deferred Comp-Voluntary Retirement Savings Program Options
Employee Assistance Program
for this job online
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member:
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.