Job Description Part of a team that provides technical support for a large scale, global network. Responsible for resolving complex problems and issues escalated from Tier 1 technicians. Engages in a broad range of specialized network/system functional areas, such as network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations, and modeling and simulation of the networks/systems. Analyzes network proactively to prevent failures due to equipment degradations or other causes. Assists in developing specific cutover/implementation plans based on established procedures. Accountable and responsible for maintaining accuracy of network database and associated documentation. Provides input for network maintenance and expansion planning. Interfaces with other technical experts on network performance, based on Department of Defense criteria, and recommends additions/deletions/reconfigurations. Researches, analyzes and/or develops reports of network/system operations, functions, or performance; network topology plans/changes; network route plans/changes; configurations, etc. Applies systems engineering disciplines to the provisioning of new service offerings over the network/system, often specifically tailored with military unique features. Applies knowledge of Performance monitor statistics.
Locations include: Scott AFB IL, Montgomery AL, Ogden, UT, Ft. Meade MD, Springfield VATypical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education – DoD 8570 IAT – level II baseline certification. This is a GSEC, GICSP, Security+(CE), SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), or CASP certification.
– Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
Experience implementing and troubleshooting Cisco (multiple platforms) and Juniper (MX series) based networks.
– Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
– Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes
– Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing.
– Must be dedicated to continued self improvement and willing to learn new technologiesPreferred Skills and Education – ITIL foundation Certification.
– Cisco, Juniper, or other similar certification About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit ****************** and follow us on Facebook: *********************************
on Company Website
Job ID: 38787BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Scott Air Force Base, IL 62225
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.