Network Engineer Advisor
Transform technology into opportunity as a Network Engineer Advisor with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Network Engineer Advisor you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Network Engineer Advisor joining our team to focus on technical aspects of enterprise network architecture and operations.
HOW A NETWORK ENGINEER ADVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
• Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, and/or data communications networks
• Displays a comprehensive understanding of communication and routing protocols to include but not limited to TCP/IP, BGP and EIGRP
• Has an in-depth understanding and practical knowledge of networking topologies (LAN, WAN)
• Follow all DOD STIGs associated with systems on supported network domains, including VTC, VoIP, CUCM and Layer 2 and 3 networking devices.
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g., SolarWinds or other network monitoring tools)
• Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks
• Ability to analyze and evaluate networks, identify issues and provide solutions to ensure effective and efficient operation
• Knowledge is High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryption (HAIPE) devices
• Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
• Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring policy compliance; maintains system backup and recovery capability
• Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance the capabilities of the network
• Excellent Cisco knowledge and troubleshooting skills
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
• Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, etc.)
• Collaborate with engineers from other sites to evaluate plans for implementing new computer network technologies, following specific program requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in a IT related field, SEC + and CCNA
• Required Experience: 8+ years of related experience
• Required Technical Skills: Routing and Switching, Network Security, Network Monitoring, Troubleshooting
• Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
• Required Skills and Abilities: Leadership, Communication (written and verbal) and problem solving.
• Preferred Skills: ITILv4, CCNP, CASP+ or higher level certification(s)
• Location: On Customer Site in Newington, VA
• US Citizenship required due to the TS/SCI clearance requirement.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER:
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from and make an impact on the world around you.
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays.
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking "Share."
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CCNA – Cisco
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.