Serve as a member of a Tier III support team that transitions complex network engineering solutions from pure architectural to pure operational environments, for all systems supported by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Network Security Operations Center (NSOC) within the Office of Information Security (OIS).
Company/Position Overview (Please include a day in the life description of what the candidate will be doing day to day and how their role is a part of the overall project):
- Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Installs all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Designs, creates, and builds network services, equipment and devices.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Work with architectural engineering teams to transition new and upgraded network and security solutions to operational teams, by assisting with the design, testing, and implementation of new or refreshed technology in a large government enterprise network
- Documenting all information required to transition the support of new and refreshed technologies from architecture/Tier IV support to operational/Tier II support, in alignment with the production implementation of the solution
- Facilitating documentation acceptance by receiving teams
- Documenting relevant service desk/Tier I knowledge artifacts
- Documenting relevant user information, to include user guides, client software installation guides, and frequently asked questions
- Provide training to Tiers I and II support teams, prior to and following deployment
- During transitional life cycle, become a subject matter expert on the technology being deployed
- Following deployment, provide Tier III support for all solutions transitioned through the team; to include updating documentation as required in a fluid network operations environment
- Provide Tier III level support for all network and security systems supported by the VA NSOC, to include in depth analysis and troubleshooting using network sniffers and other network management tools
- Tier III support includes change control facilitation with associated implementation, testing, and back out plan documentation, and some maintenance window and 24x7x365 on-call escalation tasks, followed by detailed after action documentation and appropriate communication to leadership
- Assist with compliance reporting and remediation
- Track all efforts in VA NSOC trouble ticketing system
- Provide recommendations for improving standard operating procedures and troubleshooting techniques based on lessons learned by providing Tier III support
- Experience with Network Engineering (Cisco, Citrix, Palo Alto, F5 Load-Balancing, Remote Access).
- Have an understanding of the OSI model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP
- Experience with the design/architect/implement of medium to large sized networks and have deployed said technologies in these networks.
- Education / Experience: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 0-2 years of relevant experience is required. 5 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education on a case by case basis.
- Background Investigation: Must be able to pass a government Tier 4 High Background Investigation
Desired Qualifications (Please list all Education, Certifications, Experience, and Skills that are desired. These should not be disqualifiers, but rather nice to haves):
- Competency: Experience providing government contracting services.
- Knowledge: Knowledge in the area of cybersecurity network architecture or related function.
- Problem Solving: Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams.
- Supervision: Ability to take the lead on technical assignments and projects.
- Education / Experience: Experience with ticketing systems.
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CCA-N
- Miscellaneous: Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and flexibility.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.