EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) headquartered in Englewood, CO, with additional locations world-wide, is a premier global provider of satellite solutions and technology services. Together with its major subsidiariesEchoStar Satellite Services and Hughes Network Systems EchoStar offers employees the opportunity to explore the boundaries of whats possible in the fields of engineering and the business functions transforming this engineering into revenue.
Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar Company, is the world’s leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies, managed services, and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. HughesNet is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 4 million systems to customers in over 100 countries, representing approximately 50 percent market share.
Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer working at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
– Provide technical support to manage large enterprise networks and franchise networks
– Configure, maintain network services, equipment and devices
– Supports switches and router hardware/software in an enterprise network environment.
– Conduct periodic upgrades for network components
– Plan and support network infrastructure for enterprise customers
– Documents network problems and resolution for future reference using the ticketing system
– Provide clear technical documentation and written procedures to ensure other members of the support organization can assist in monitoring, troubleshooting and changing complex customer environments
– Run network applications testing which may also include running performance tests
– Monitoring and troubleshooting of platform and OS based problems, network infrastructure and connectivity issues
– Implement VOIP, gigabit Ethernet, fast Ethernet, terminal servers, NTP servers and routing protocol
– BS in Computer Science, Computer Networking or similar degree field
– 1 year of hands on work experience with networking and security devices
– Master’s degree
– Certifications like MCSE, CCNA, CCNP and CCIE
– Knowledge of data communication concepts and technologies
– Customer service and communications skills (written and oral)
– Adaptable and willing to learn new technologies
– Ability to effectively multi-task
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Citizenship is required for certain positions. EEO is the law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.