CLIENT REFERENCE CODE: ******
Under limited supervision, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems within the 11 different DOCSIS regions across Charter Communications. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Assists in staff development efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience (DOCSIS).
* Participates in DOCSIS planning/deployment operations, network architecture design and engineering.
* Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
* Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
* Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
* Implements approved DOCSIS methods of procedure and Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
* Provides tier support across organizations.
* Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
* Coaches less experienced staff.
* Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
* Knows, understands and follows company policy, and performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
* 2 years Data network experience
* 1 year DOCSIS experience
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Comfortable working in a team environment, as well as being able to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
* Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, SNMP, DOCSIS (2.0 and higher), RF transmission, and transport technologies and protocols
* Intermediate Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, SNMP, and RIP)
* Intermediate Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model, using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
* Experience of basic network devices and basic network appliances (Arris/Cisco/Casa CMTS), and of network designing software, such as Visio
* Knowledge of MBO cable systems and provisioning, including DOCSIS technology (3.0)
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
* Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
* DOCSIS and RF technology desirable
* Office Environment
* May work in Network Lab environment
* 24X7 Network Operations environment
* Occasional travel as required
JOB CODE : TWCENW330 Network Engineer II Exempt
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.