*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious financial firm is in the need of a Network Engineer III. This individual needs to come from a large scale unicast and multicast network environment and have extensive knowledge of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP). This individual will be using and improving network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds. The candidate needs to have experience with network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking.
* Lead troubleshooting of network based issues, being able to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
* Working on the operational desk dealing with incident management tickets
* Responding to incidents, customer queries, fixing issues on a range of vendor projects
* Ability to work on simultaneous change implementations and incidents, with a focus on documentation
* Frequently engage in complex issues with both internal and external customers, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures
* Work with the support team on operational acceptance testing for new environments, while being able to analyze gaps in procedures and documentation.
* Use and improve network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
* Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to learn and support a multi-vendor environment
* React to an ever changing global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
* Demonstrable industry experience (financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is a big plus)
* Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
* Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
* Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
* Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.