Network Engineer III
Network Operations Group, troubleshooting, market data, mutlicast, routing, wireless, solarwinds. You will be working on large scale Unicast and multicast networks doing routing switching, Network monitoring .
* Lead troubleshooting of network based issues, being able to clearly analyze the problem at hand while interfacing with other departments to organize and control incident response
* Working on the operational desk dealing with incident management tickets
* Responding to incidents, customer queries, fixing issues on a range of vendor projects
* Ability to work on simultaneous change implementations and incidents, with a focus on documentation
* Frequently engage in complex issues with both internal and external customers, with an emphasis on being able to analyze packet captures
* Work with the support team on operational acceptance testing for new environments, while being able to analyze gaps in procedures and documentation.
* Use and improve network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
* Stay on top of emerging technologies in the network field, either through training or research, in order have the flexibility to learn and support a multi-vendor environment
* React to an ever changing global network, through configuration management, documentation, whilst engaging with different departments and business units
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
* Demonstrable industry experience (financial services and/or large scale unicast and multicast networks is a big plus)
* Extensive in-depth knowledge and troubleshooting expertise of routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP, STP)
* Experience designing and/or supporting large scale multicast networks, with a focus on financial market data feeds.
* Experience in network monitoring, packet capture tools or software defined networking
* Excellent understanding of security best practices in relation to all aspects of the network (Firewalls, Proxies, Penetration Scans, SSL, IPsec, Dot1x)
* Experience implementing and troubleshooting wireless networks (standards, security, radio placement, etc)
* Fundamental knowledge and theoretical understanding of software and hardware load balancers
* Familiarity and/or experience with Scripting languages and automation tools, with a focus on operationalizing mundane tasks and speeding up deployments
* Big-picture understanding of the networking concepts behind virtual environments and various hybrid cloud initiatives
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.