Discover a career that is challenging, impactful, and mission-critical. Join our team as a Network Engineer III and make an impact on customer activities. While you help us advance the mission, we'll help advance your career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Network Engineer IV, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Network Engineer IV joining our team and is responsible for developing, engineering, and deploying technical solutions within the client wide, dedicated mission network. This individual will work within a small, mission focused team of network and systems engineers to implement technical solutions addressing challenging collaboration and data protection problems.
HOW THE NETWORK ENGINEER IV WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Develop Datacenter, LAN, WAN, and Client Access networks/systems
- Integrate, Test, and deploy systems
- Perform full lifecycle management of network systems (building, deploying, maintaining)
- Monitor networks
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of Project Management
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- No degree + 11 years relevant experience
- Associate's Degree + 9 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree + 7 years experience
- Ability to travel on an infrequent, but as needed basis, primarily domestic
- Recent hands-on experience with Cisco Datacenter, WAN, LAN, Client Access technologies such as MACsec, HSRP, VRF, VPC, ACLs, BGP, EIGRP
- Recent hands-on experience with IOS-XE, NX-OS, Linux
- Recent hands-on experience with client specific internal and external transport networks
- Recent hands-on experience with Firewalls and VPN Concentrators (FTD and ASA)
- Recent hands-on experience with Software Defined Networking technologies
- Recent hands-on experience with Network and Application load balancers
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience implementing IT and Cyber Security best practices
- Experience with managing engineering projects (I.e., design, build, deploy)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations, determine course of action and act promptly and effectively when problems arise
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, python, etc.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently as well on collaborative teams
- Active TS/SCI with Poly with most recent BI/Polygraph dates within the last five years
- Experience, designing, building, deploying, and maintaining sensitive networks
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining, Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) networks
- Experience, building, deploying, maintaining Cisco ASAs via Firepower management.
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining Cisco, Hyperflex,
- Experience, building, deploying, maintaining Palo Alto firewalls via Panorama
- Experience, building, deploying, maintaining, Citrix Application Delivery Controllers
- Knowledge with SIEM and security analytical technologies (e.g. Splunk, pcap, Netflow, Solarwinds, etc.)
- Experience with Linux OS, Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies, their provisioning and security
- Ability to assess emerging technologies, determine their impact on corporate systems and incorporate them into technical plans
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
6 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.