We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role.
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Network Security Engineer with some design and architecture skills. Candidate will have strong Cisco routing/switching, Checkpoint Firewall, Nagios and Splunk. Candidates must be proficient with Linux, Apache, Perl and other Scripting languages. Security background and incidence response is a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be a self-starter demonstrating the willingness to address/resolve ambiguity and conflict within complex business change projects.
* Candidate must have experience with Linux/Apache and Perl.
* Shell/Perl Scripting experience is required.
* Configure ship and deploy Cisco Routers.
* Monitor existing systems for alerts and respond appropriately to events and drive problems to resolution.
* Maintain high level of security awareness and keeping up with security news and activities
* Performing security response analysis, evaluation and detection is a required skill.
* Thorough understanding of web protocols (HTTP/https) along with solid knowledge of PKI infrastructure.
* Good grasp of web security, focusing on HTTP Proxy, content analysis and reverse Proxy.
* Candidate must be able to travel for site implementations up to a week at a time.
* Configure, deploy and document new infrastructure for new facilities, applying rigorous standardized configurations and procedures.
* Adhere and champion infrastructure standards
* Acknowledge and resolve user and system-generated production issues (Remedy Incidents) for assigned applications within established SLOs
* Diagnose, identify root cause, and resolve the most unique and complex network and security (level 2) problems
* Maintain documentation for all operational/support processes for the systems supported by the Network and Security team; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
* Guide successful completion of network security for major programs and may function in a project leadership role
* Stay current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience.
* CCNA technical certification is highly desired; candidates with commensurate experience will be considered
* 5+ years’ hands-on experience with a broad range of enterprise-class technology solutions.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and manage large project load.
* Linux/Perl/Shell experience
* Scripting skills
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.