Network Security Specialist
Req #: ******Location: Chantilly, VA USJob Category: Information
TechnologySecurity Clearance: SecretClearance Status: Must be
CACI is currently looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our
TSA IT Management, Performance Analysis, and Collaborative
Technologies (IMPACT) team in the National Capital Region (NCR) and
throughout the United States. CACI will provide a variety of IT
services through IMPACT including cyber security, identity and access
management, risk management, cloud integration and engineering, field
support services, service desk, application deployment and
optimization, and operations center support services. CACI will
support TSA in both classified and unclassified IT operational
environments increasing availability and security for a variety of
applications and systems. IMPACT services will integrate with the
broader DHS mission and enhance existing Department-wide IT
The network security specialist is responsible for the health and
maintenance of TSA s network security appliances, including web
proxies and intrusion detection systems.
* Technical analysis of network activity; the analyst monitors and
evaluates network flow data, signature-based IDS events and full
packet capture (PCAP) data. Triage IDS alerts; collect related
data from various network analysis systems, review available open
and closed source information on related threats &
vulnerabilities, prepare initial summary reports.
* Monitor and analyze signature-based IDS alerts and associated
packet (PCAP) data. Analyze network flow data for anomalies and to
correlate reporting with enterprise-wide network activity.
* Lightweight programming/scripting skills to automate analytics are
a plus. Document key event details and analytic findings in an
incident management system.
* Perform high-level incident handling functions to include: Provide
oversight and assessment of incident response and triage actions
across a large enterprise, Identify & extract network indicators
from incident reporting and published technical
advisories/bulletins, Perform incident correlation & escalation.
* Recommend new IDS signatures and detection strategies.
* Produce final reports and review incident reports from junior
* Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other SOC
organizations to investigate cyber events.
* Assess cyber indicators/observables and collaborate in the
development of IDS signatures and detection mechanisms.
* Monitor and report on trends and activity on network sensor
* Provide technical assessments of cyber threats and
* Fuse open-source threat & vulnerability information with data
collected from sensors across the enterprise.
* Produce and update network analysis and incident handling
* Ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance
* Ability to obtain a DHS Entrance on Duty (EOD)
* Bachelor s degree or Associates/Vocational/Technical education or
equivalent and 1-2 years work experience.
* Flexible The environment is highly dynamic. You will be expected
to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high
level of operational effectiveness.
* Team Player This role is part of a much larger team
* Basic/working knowledge of security concepts, protocols,
processes, architectures and tools (authentication & access
control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic
analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware
* Basic/working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and
architectures (OSI-model, TCP/IP, major application protocols such
as DNS/HTTP/SMTP, LAN/WANs, VPNs, routers/routing, addressing,
* Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the
ability to meet iterative deadlines.
* Relevant DHS focused experience
* Experience working within the Federal government technology
community a plus
* Knowledge of cyber policy & issues, the global cyber community,
roles of major organizations how they interrelate and interact,
and shortcomings in this structure.
* Awareness of the common cyber products and services, an
understanding of their limitations, and a comprehensive
understanding of the disciplines of cyber security.
What We Can Offer You:
* We ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to
balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our
solutions with the nation s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI s unique,
character-based culture have been the driving force behind our
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that
fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At
CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by
providing information solutions and services in support of national
security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,
Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide
dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity
Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.