Newsweb Corporation, a group of privately held companies in Chicago, is seeking a talented, jack-of-all-trades IT Specialist / System Engineer professional to join our team to assist in ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure security and availability across our several divisions. Light Chicago city travel between locations required.
· Manage and perform daily operational and maintenance activities on the corporate network infrastructure; including but not limited to: servers, switches, firewalls, alerting and logging systems, and addressing and reporting any deficiencies found.
· Answer and resolve Helpdesk calls and technical requests in a timely matter ensuring client satisfaction; this is a requirement of all team members regardless of primary role.
· Document systems and internal procedures, including inventory maintenance of all equipment, software and software licenses.
· Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands.
· Manage computer setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
· Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use.
· Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
· Protect company data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
· Lead and/or execute technology related projects, including coordinating the needs of remote employees, vendors, contractors, and software licensing.
· Develop new strategies & procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and reduce downtimes across systems.
· Evaluate and recommend emerging network technologies that would benefit the company and its business efforts.
· Setup AV equipment for presentations and performances.
· Active Directory
· Microsoft Windows 7/10
· Microsoft Server 2003-2019
· Microsoft Office 365
· Apple MacOS and iOS
· QuickBooks and Dynamics Great Plains
· Shure Wireless Microphone System
· VoIP/SIP Phone Systems
· Switch and Firewall Configuration
· Card Access Control Software
· Video Surveillance Systems
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is a definitely a bonus.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as a System Engineer.
· Industry certifications and memberships a +++!
· Excellent IT, communication, leadership and management skills.
· Ability to properly manage time & resources, prioritizing items in your workflow, and to readjust as needed.
· Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity.
· IT background with computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Highly competitive pay package commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package. Free onsite parking. We are an equal opportunity employer with a progressive, LGBTQ‐friendly environment & looking for someone who is excited to join our team. There will be +/-25% traveling between divisions (Lincoln Park & Jefferson Park). No relocation expenses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org