Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 223719
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Milford
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
The Software Engineer will work on a large commercial CAD application
in the area of integrating NX CAD. The employee will perform software
design and software programming for the NX CAD product with focus on
surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time
delivery. The position requires performing all of the SDLC steps of software
design for one area of a product. The employee will create, document and
execute software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interaction
may be required.
• Contribute individually or in a team as needed to meet the
requirements of various projects
• Maintain existing software code and resolves customer and internally
• Write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the
cost of defects over time.
• Works with customers to understand and improve existing code for
• Follows the various steps in the SDLC process including writing
design documents and coding.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or
other numerate discipline from a reputed institute.
• Product development experience will be a plus, as will familiarity
with the software development life cycle.
• Must have a strong knowledge of C++. Minimum of 2+ years of
programming experience in C++.
• Must have some experience and knowledge in at least one of the
following languages: C#, Java, or Python.
• Knowledge of advanced data structures, object oriented analysis and
• Must have demonstrated skills in design and programming.
• Ability to work well in a team.
• Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development.
• Ability to continually improve and learn new areas.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience.
• Experience with private and/or public cloud platforms and providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform
(GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
• Knowledge in writing and maintaining programming APIs in various languages (C++, Java, Python, .NET, etc.).
• Some experience with compilers, or have taken a compiler theory course.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.