NYSUT is looking for a results-oriented data analyst/developer with strong decision-making and organizational awareness capabilities to work in Development. NYSUT Development is responsible for the NYSUT membership management systems that support record-keeping, customer service, financial transactions, customer relationship management, as well as reporting and analytics service management. The programmer analyst is crucial in assessing and meeting NYSUT’s organizational business needs for the next-generation enterprise data warehouse, financial management, and data analytics/BI solution(s). The successful candidate will work alongside other developers and infrastructure IT professionals, leveraging a project management-based approach to modernization and innovation across the organization by developing a fit-for-purpose tools and technology landscape to achieve current and future business needs. This includes facilitating record management projects from inception through delivery and support – all in close collaboration with business leadership and executive sponsors.
- Develops business support standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for new projects and existing incident management
- Works with stakeholders
- Evaluates trade-offs between issues using value, impact, and risk criteria
- Translates business requirements into databases, data warehouses, and data streams
- Creates procedures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility
- Analyzes, plans, and defines data architecture framework, including security, reference data, metadata, and other data
- Creates and implements data management processes and procedures
- Collaborates with other teams within the organization to devise and implement data strategies, build models, and assess shareholder needs and goals
- Developing application programming interfaces (APIs) to retrieve data
- Contributes to the development of documentation for the line of business, including runbooks, policies or procedures as applicable including in full or in-part contribution to business continuity, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and other appropriate documentation
- Learning agility, ability to learn new languages and processes as platforms and services evolve
- Serves on an interdepartmental team responsible for planning and administering NYSUT’s annual convention of over 2000 delegates
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as required for urgent responsive needs, special initiatives, and/or rollouts.
- Collect and analyze large sets of data using SQL and other tools
- Create detailed reports and visualizations using Tableau or similar tools
- Write code to automate data collection and analysis processes
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field or a comparable number of years of related work experience in data and analytics (or combination of education and experience)
- Strong SQL skills with ability to transform raw data into normalized formats
- Strong experience with DB2, SQL and Tableau
- Proven experience with programming for data analysis (python, java, etc.)
- Firm understanding of statistics and databases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
NYSUT- Who are we?
NYSUT is a statewide labor organization affiliated with more than 1,200 local unions, each representing its own members. NYSUT is affiliated with two national unions, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA). NYSUT represents nearly 700,000 people who work in, or are retired from, New York’s schools, colleges, and healthcare facilities, including teachers, teacher aides and assistants, college and university faculty and professional staff, school bus drivers, custodians, secretaries, cafeteria workers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. At NYSUT, we believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our organization’s policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, life and long-term disability plans, and retirement plans
- Generous PTO plan
- Work-life balance
- Collaborative and supportive work environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals
- Opportunity to work in a highly respected organization, make a meaningful difference in the lives of working people, and be a proud part of the labor movement at the local, state, and national levels.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 31, 2023.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $120,000
NYSUT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NYSUT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org