NYSUT is looking for a results-oriented developer with strong decision-making and organizational awareness capabilities to work in Development. NYSUT Development is responsible for the NYSUT membership management systems that support record-keeping, customer service, financial transactions, customer relationship management, as well as reporting and analytics service management. The programmer analyst is crucial in assessing and meeting NYSUT’s organizational business needs for the next-generation enterprise data warehouse, financial management, and data analytics/BI solution(s). The successful candidate will work alongside other developers and infrastructure IT professionals, leveraging a project management-based approach to modernization and innovation across the organization by developing a fit-for-purpose tools and technology landscape to achieve current and future business needs. This includes facilitating record management projects from inception and architecture through delivery and support – all in close collaboration with business leadership and executive sponsors.
- Configs/codes, and tests new and existing enterprise-wide applications
- Learning agility, ability to learn new languages and processes as platforms and services evolve
- Analyzes and improves the efficiency of various systems and services
- Troubleshoots problems identified by users
- Shared support of operating IBMi system upgrades, installing TRs and Cumes
- Third party vendor application support including: installing, patching and upgrading
- Contributes to the development of documentation for the line of business, including runbooks, policies or procedures as applicable including in full or in-part contribution to business continuity, disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and other appropriate documentation
- Serves on an interdepartmental team responsible for planning and administering NYSUT’s annual convention of over 2000 delegates
- Ability to travel and work nights and weekends as required for urgent responsive needs, special initiatives, and/or rollouts.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, management information systems, or related degree or a comparable number of years of related subject matter experience
· 4+ years direct development experience supporting enterprise database, analytics service management platforms, and teams preferred
· 4+ Year experience with IBMi systems including RPGILE, RPG Free, CL/CLLE, SQL and Stored Procedures (SQL and RPG)
- Working experience with service programs, sub procedures, ILE modules, etc.
- Working experience with IBM Rational Developer (RDI) software
- Working experience with exposing IBMi programs for web applications (stored procedures, web services, etc.)
- Experience with proper debugging techniques of interactive and batch jobs
- Experience providing design documents and component-level designs for development.
- Experience in developing technical strategies and designs
- Application and System Migration Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of database architecture, data mining, predictive analytics, mapping, collection of data from multiple disparate systems on-premise or cloud-based
- Experience with C#, .NET, PHP, Python, SQL, or other domain-specific programming languages
- Knowledge of federal labor-management reporting and disclosure regulations a plus
- Union environment experience and union values preferred.
NYSUT- Who are we?
NYSUT is a statewide labor organization affiliated with more than 1,200 local unions, each representing its own members. NYSUT is affiliated with two national unions, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA). NYSUT represents nearly 700,000 people who work in, or are retired from, New York’s schools, colleges, and healthcare facilities, including teachers, teacher aides and assistants, college and university faculty and professional staff, school bus drivers, custodians, secretaries, cafeteria workers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. At NYSUT, we believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our organization’s policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Why Should You Apply?
· Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, life and long-term disability plans, and retirement plans
· Generous PTO plan
· Work-life balance
· Collaborative and supportive work environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals
· Opportunity to work in a highly respected organization, make a meaningful difference in the lives of working people, and be a proud part of the labor movement at the local, state, and national levels.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2023.
Salary Range $90,000 to $120,000
NYSUT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. NYSUT is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Emily.email@example.com