Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York.
Online Learning Support Specialist HV-NTP-909
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a physical and background check.
Master’s Degree in Educational Technology, Instructional Design, Computer Information Technology or related discipline with two years of experience working in the field of Online Education Support. Expertise in the Blackboard Learning Management System. Experience in user-end Blackboard System Administration. Experience providing technical Help Desk services in a busy and rapidly evolving environment. Familiarity with Blackboard Building Blocks and LTIs. Demonstrated strong organizational, conceptual and diagnostic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated training or staff development experience. Demonstrated skills in multimedia and web applications. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a tightly integrated unit. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Effective public speaking, presentation and listening skills.
Overview: The Online Learning Support Specialist provides daily Blackboard technical support to faculty and students via the Help Desk role, which requires expertise with the features and functionalities of Blackboard as well as basic System Administration functions, strong conceptual and diagnostic problem solving skills, and an understanding of the college’s policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a record of student and faculty support in an online environment and will be expected to keep current with new technological developments in the learning management system and the field of online education:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaborative team environment to deliver support services via email, phone, and in person to online students, faculty and staff.
- Provide daily Blackboard technical support to faculty and students via the Help Desk role, which also requires familiarity of basic level one Blackboard System Administration functions and strong conceptual and diagnostic troubleshooting and problem-solving skills as well as understanding the college’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk, including tracking and compiling Help Desk data for unit assessments, updating and maintaining the Help Desk Organization & Training site.
- Initiate and assist with diagnostic troubleshooting and tracking of LMS system and integrated software tickets.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation using appropriate application software and authoring systems (ex. Word Press, Camtasia, PowerPoint) to support online learning.
- Update and maintain Orientation and communications for students to the online learning management system and works with other college departments to improve online access to student services.
- Participate in professional development activities such as workshops and conferences in order to keep current in instructional uses of technology, and help prepare papers and reports on Hudson Valley Community College distance learning initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Salary Range is available upon request.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.