The Leidos Advanced Solutions Group Leidos is seeking Open Source Analysts to provide monitoring and analysis of open source and social media data. Our analysts work closely with our customers and an internal team of software developers and data scientists to solve new and emerging challenges. This position will conduct analysis, provide assessments and examine public unstructured data sets. Based in Washington, DC, you will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational analysis of various publicly available data sources and unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing potential threats and opportunities to our customers’ interests. Additionally you will be responsible for seeking improvement in methodologies used and creating new solutions – based on subject matter expertise in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting data, analyzing results, and publishing detailed written reports.
– Define requirements for enhancement to collection and analytics platform, and participate in acceptance testing.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and at least 10 years of experience as an intelligence analyst or data collector
– Must be a US Citizen with a Top Secret security clearance
– Experience with open source research, including social media and big data exploitation
– Familiarity with Boolean logic, natural language processing, social media analytics, data correlation, and data visualizations
– Ability to script analyses and write algorithms to partially automate tasks
– Ability to write reports, format and populate dashboards, and provide context to data
– Ability to work one-on-one and as a contributor to a team
– Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
– Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
– Excellent oral and written communications skills
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
– Spoken or written fluency in a language other than English
– Proven experience with software development and/or statistical data mining techniques
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability is desired. We are seeking individuals with a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Individual must be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems security engineering and software development related issues.
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.