Job Description BAE Systems is seeking an Operational Analyst to develop next generation capabilities for tomorrow’s advanced aircraft. Our analysts are members of cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams focused on developing cost-effective systems that protect our Warfighters. Capabilities involve assessment of integrated Electronic Warfare (EW) systems including Electronic Attack (EA), Electronic Protection (EP) and Electronic Support (ES) for RF sensing, detection, identification, geolocation, and jamming; infrared (IR) imaging, guidance, survivability and targeting; C4ISR for actionable intelligence including SIGINT, EO/IR, Multi-INT, and hyperspectral solutions; and information technologies including fusion and dynamic mission battle management.
The qualified analyst will collaborate with design teams assessing threats, developing and quantifying operational level systems requirements, developing operational systems concepts, and assessing mission effectiveness in simulated environments. The analyst will perform operational analysis studies using a wide variety of DoD, existing and self-developed modeling & simulation tools.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
– Perform mission simulation using AFSIM, Suppressor, BRAWLER, and STK to determine mission effectiveness
– Perform engagement simulation using TMAP, ESAMS, MATLAB, Simulink and other tools
– Perform modeling and simulation studies that optimize mission performance for weapon systems across the air, land, sea, and cyber domains
– Develop and apply advanced software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation, analysis and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
– Use, develop, and modifying tools to support:
– Data analysis of simulation or flight test results
– Requirements analysis
– Visualization of battlespace, mission and engagement
Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years work experience or a Masters and 2+ years work experienceRequired Skills and Education
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
– The candidate will have critical thinking skills that will be exercised across multiple levels of detail.
– The candidate should enjoy problem solving and have the ability to produce concrete results despite significant ambiguities in the problem space.
– Experience developing and using analysis tools such as MATLAB, Python, VBA, C/C++, or similar tools is required.
– Experience using tools such as AFSIM, Suppressor, JIMM, BRAWLER, STK, TMAP, ESAMS, EADSIM, or EWIR.
Preferred Skills and Education
– Experience using tools such as AFSIM, Suppressor, JIMM, BRAWLER, STK, TMAP, ESAMS, EADSIM, or EWIR is a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 35936BR
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,400 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. We provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 83,400 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure. Contact Info
– Nashua, NH 03064
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.