Are you a bold thinker? We dream big at Sierra Nevada Corporation—advocating the exploration of space, keeping service members safe and creating the systems that keep our world united and sustain our way of living. Join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to research, architect, model, simulate, test, certify and improve cutting edge products and services. You'll be developing complex system architectures within contextual modeling platforms, ushering them from operational concept through preliminary and detailed design, simulation, and test using progressive tools. As a cross-functional engineer, you are in charge of system-level ownership of new products and processes through the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline and typically 14 or more years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 9 years (7 years with a Masters, 4 years with a PhD) of operational analysis experience.
- Desire to support development of new and existing system simulation frameworks, performance models, and algorithms, to identify, integrate, and accurately represent specific mission systems technologies that enable evaluation of advanced concepts and architectures, and convey results of those studies through effective visualizations.
- Experience supporting military requirements analysis, orbit analysis and space mission design, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and/or military utility assessments.
- Knowledge of complex mission systems and their capability to support military functions across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms.
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Physics or related discipline.
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Demonstrated capability to solve complex problems with little to no supervision, defining a project goals, constrained by resources and schedule. Preference given to experience leading a team of engineers to accomplish those goals on schedule.
- Ability to communicate technical information and status to senior leaders
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
- Space Control Mission Area experience is highly desirable
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
- Software development experience. Experience working in an Agile team/framework.
- Broad understanding of classified (DoD and SCI) and unclassified systems for C4ISR, BMC3, and TCPED; classification management.
- Previous work assignments supporting Department of Defense (DoD) or Intelligence Community (IC) architectures, requirements, and capabilities
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.