Job ID: 595659BR
Date posted: May. 09, 2022
Locations: Huntsville, Alabama; Littleton, Colorado; Louisville, Colorado; Sunnyvale, California
Program: NGI Hawkeye
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus – if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in optical engineering and space exploration, seeing your work applied to real-world applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space's Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) as a an Electro-Optical Engineer! OPCoE enables new frontiers in visible-light and infrared systems, missile defense, space exploration and much more.
As a staff systems engineer for an optical payload sensor assembly, you will be responsible for one or more unit level specifications, including TBX burndowns and requirements verification. You will also lead Preliminary Design Review preparation efforts, working in with the lead systems engineer and design team.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
• Develop, manage, and verify Optical Payload product requirement and verification documents
• Establish system architecture and CONOPS, perform system level design and decomposition into requirements
• Perform system analysis and interface definition and management/ execution
• Participate in studies and system trades for enhanced capabilities
• Perform systems/hardware integration, verification planning and execution
• Participate in and coordinate design reviews and technical product reviews
• Develop and document systems engineering documentation for design reviews throughout lifecycle of program
• Perform system and subsystem level CONOPS, analyses, and interface definitions.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Active Secret Clearance or equivalent
• Experience with one or more systems integration functions including:
(1) system trade studies and/or system modeling
(2) requirements and interface development
(3) system integration, test and/or verification
(4) verification planning with an understanding of all the interdependencies
(5) CONOPS or Design Reference Mission development
• Knowledge of the systems engineering process including trade studies, specification and CONOPS development, design reviews, and/or system verification
• Experience with requirements development and decomposition, integration and interface definition and component/subsystem AI&T efforts
• Experience with optical payload subsystems and/or components, and/or optical payload systems engineering
• DOORS knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work proactively with a geographically diverse team
• Optical Link Budgets
• High Speed data processing needs
• Optical calibration techniques
• MBSE experience
• Experience as a CPE or has worked with delivery of optical payload subsystems and/or components
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $111,700 – $186,100 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
This position is incentive plan eligible
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9×80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Requirements Development
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.