Iowa Department of Transportation
Iowa Department of Transportation
Oracle Database Administrator
Ames, IA 50014
Salary $69,056.00 – $106,204.80 Annually
Location Ames – 50014 – Story County, IA
Job Type Full-time
Agency 645 Iowa Department of Transportation
Job Number 19-01324
Closing 12/27/2018 11:59 PM Central
Point of Contact William George; *************************
Only applicants who meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements and meet all selective requirements will be placed on the eligible list.
Are you an experienced Oracle database administrator? Are you team focused, and enjoy a fun and collaborative environment with a customer-focused approach? Are you a problem solver who enjoys looking at things from different perspectives in order to improve systems and processes?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may consider joining the Iowa Department of Transportation’s exciting and fast-paced IT organization.
We are looking for the right candidate to fill critical needs within our Systems Support Team as an Oracle Database Administrator (Information Technology Specialist 5).
This position will have a focus on the following areas:
– Installing Oracle software
– Creating Oracle databases
– Performing upgrades of the database and software to new release levels
– Performing security updates and patching of the database environments
– Starting up and shutting down the databases
– Managing the database’s storage structures
– Managing users and security
– Managing schema objects, such as tables, indexes, and views
– Making database backups and performing recovery when necessary
– Pro-actively monitoring the database’s health and taking preventive or corrective action as required
– Monitoring and tuning performance
– Provide assistance to application development staff and key business users.
– Answer questions relative to database design, use, and development
– Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.- recommending and implementing solutions to database problems
– Securing assistance from vendors and consultants regarding database issues
– Completing requests from application developers, business users, etc.
– Resolving incidents following proper departmental processes
– Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is
– produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
– Evaluating, Planning and Implementing New Database Technologies, Designs, and Solutions
– Stay current with the latest technologies and make recommendations to enhance the departments database environment.
Ideal Candidates will have experience with:
– Microsoft SQL toolset within no more than 2 major versions of the current release.
– Linux Server Administration.
6 months’ experience, 12 semester hours, or a combination of both involving:
– Oracle System Administration including Oracle Database and Oracle Forms and Reports
– Application Server with training in Oracle System Administration I or II
– Oracle Certified Associate/Oracle Certified Professional
6 months’ experience, 12 semester hours, or a combination of both in:
– Developing, installing and maintaining database management systems
– Working in conjunction with the business application process staff to design specific database applications (assure that it can be loaded in and that it works as intended)
– Developing and enforcing data definition standards to ensure data can be used across work units
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university and experience equal to three years of fulltime work: operating a multi-job computer; installing, operating and coordinating computer based networks; installing/maintaining database management systems; developing business application processes; developing/operating system programs; installing/maintaining personal computers, Local Area Networks and/or servers; managing operating systems; developing/delivering information management training; providing Information Technology (IT) customer service; or designing/administering Internet sites;
an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting the completion of an approved curriculum/specialized training program developed and implemented by or in cooperation with state government; or eighteen semester hours of accredited post high school course work in one of the specialty areas listed above; or certification by an authorized educational institution/major computer or software producer in an area directly related to one of the computer specialty areas listed above, for the required education;
an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of the required experience for thirty semester hours of the required education;
employees with current continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes experience equal to six months of full-time work as an Information Technology Specialist 4.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description. (Download PDF reader)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.