NexGen is currently seeking an Mid-Sr.ORACLE DBA to perform both general Oracle DBA tasks. Database Administration duties encompass operations and maintenance of existing corporate data, including coordination, planning, and control to ensure a stable information systems environment. This individual will be required to work closely with members of the NexGens and clients teams, including but not limited to subject matter experts, technical staff, and project managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
Operate and maintain multiple Oracle database instances.
Recommend appropriate schedules to perform and monitor data backups.
Monitor and review database instances to identify potential maintenance and tuning issues.
Analyze operational maintenance issues and recommend performance enhancements.
Develop/implement plans and schedules for patches, versions, and release upgrades and migrations.
Ensure continuity of the operational environment and customer satisfaction.
Data analysis and cleansing including verification and validation of data quality.
Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
Investigate potential data-related issues, by examining the data, relationships, triggers, and stored procedures within the database.
The successful candidate will be able to pass background screening prior to employment.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience.
3-5 years experience interacting with Oracle 12C, 19c databases.
* Effective knowledge of RMAN
* Effective knowledge of install/upgrade of database and other software
* Ability to mentor software developers and Jr. DBA in Oracle technology
* Ability to create physical and logical data modelseffectively
* Strong knowledgeof DDL & DML commands
* Ability to write complex scripts and ETL processes
* Ability to write complex Oracle PL/SQL based objects
* Ability to diagnose and fix critical errors of various sorts
* Experience to monitoringand taking preemptive/correctiveDatabase actions
* Ability to take on project assignments without direct supervision
* Working knowledgeof complex Oraclearchitecture
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
Certified Oracle Database Administrator preferably 12c or above
* Manage storage structures based on SLA needs
* Manage Database security and integrityrequirements
* Working Knowledge of Data Architecture at an Enterprise Level
* Working Knowledge of Risk Cause AnalysisTechniques
Experience using Oracle Business Intelligence or a similar reporting platform.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.