Careers Center | Oracle DBA III
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Oracle DBA III
Job Location US-GA-Alpharetta
Leveraging deep integrations into retailers’ point-of-sale systems, InComm provides connectivity to a variety of service providers that allow consumers to conduct everyday business at more than 450,000 points of retail distribution worldwide. Whether those consumers are activating prepaid products, paying bills, enjoying real-time discounts through a membership card, purchasing digital goods in-store or adding funds to an online account, InComm is there to provide unique gift-gifting opportunities, cater to on-the-go shoppers, deliver added value through loyalty programs and serve cash-based consumers. With 186 global patents, InComm is headquartered in Atlanta with a presence in over 30 countries in North and South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Learn more at ************** or connect with us on *********************** ************************ ******************************* or ********************
About This Opportunity
InComm is currently seeking an Oracle DBA to a part of our Database Architecture and Administration team. This team is responsible for providing production support and working on special projects for Oracle. This team supports various groups but, primarily Financial Services as well as our MDM & EDM.
The Oracle DBA III will be a part of a team of 4 and report directly to the Manager, Oracle DBA & Engineering. The team also includes 2 full time Oracle DBA III and a contract Oracle DBA.
The Oracle DBA III will provide production support for the Oracle database and be responsible for the following:
– On call rotation
– Problem resolution
– New projects
The Oracle DBA III should have experience with the following:
– Oracle 11g & 12c
– Experience supporting RAC
– Physical database design
– Performance tuning
– UNIX scripting
– Oracle Security
– Golden Gate & Active Data Guard replication
– Create, maintain and support all databases environments includes development, testing, pre-prod and production, etc…
– Develop, support, and communicate core database engineering policies, standards, guidelines and procedures
– Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
– Establish proper monitoring, measuring and reporting of service performance against Service Level Objectives, customer satisfaction, financial efficiencies and ensure maximum uptime of the database
– Improve, optimize, and identify opportunities for improved software development processes
– Install new versions of the Oracle database on RAC and non-RAC environments and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
– Good knowledge and implementation skills on Database maintenance (Backup, Recovery, Index maintenance, etc.)
– Control migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes through the development life cycle
– Implement and enforce security for all of the Oracle Databases.
– Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
– Evaluate releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the company is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
– Provide technical support to application development teams. The DBA is usually the point of contact for all Oracle related requests
– Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
– Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
– Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
– Troubleshoot with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
– Create new database users as required.
– Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
– The DBA has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design
– 7+ years of experience in database administration role managing highly transactional OLTP databases in excess of large databases in a 24 x7 environment.
– A good knowledge of Oracle databases 11g and 12c using RAC and ASM
– A good knowledge and experience in OEM usage, configuration and support
– Hands on experience on Active data guard and Golden Gate replication configuration, support and maintenance with good troubleshooting skills.
– Oracle DBA certification preferred
– A good knowledge of LINUX and Windows operating system(s) and ability to develop & read UNIX script
– Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
– Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization
– Good skills in all Oracle tools.
– A good knowledge of Oracle security management and how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
– Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes and data through the various stages of the development life cycle
– A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
– A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
– Knowledge of PostgreSQL and MySQL database is helpful.
– Experience working on Oracle in VM environment is helpful.
– Ability to follow all company policies and procedures as well as internal departmental procedures to ensure consistency in systems
– Ability to investigate and assess issues to make certain the correct solution is implemented
– Willingness to take ownership for own work to continuously improve performance
– Document standard procedures, problems resolutions and environment modifications
– Strong interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication skill
– Maintain high standards of work and composure in challenging situations
– Continuously educate to stay informed of recent advances and problems
– Other duties as assigned by management
InComm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, citizenship, veteran’s status, age, disability status, genetics or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
*This position is eligible for the Employee Referral Bonus Program – Tier 4 – #LI-KJ1
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.