The Oracle Database Administrator is responsible for the maintenance and support of the Oracle eBusiness Suite and ancillary applications while working directly with peers, application developers, and business analysts to meet the operational needs of the organization. In addition, this role acts as a liaison between the organization, application vendors, and their technology staff to ensure the database environment meets organization policies and regulatory requirements in conjunction with application requirements.
– Perform database system management functions (e.g. software installs, version upgrades and configuration management, security).
– Define database objects and relationships as indicated based on requirements of the Oracle application.
– Implement data models, database structure design, database documentation, backup, and recovery processes.
– Perform assessments to identify, test, and resolve moderately complex database performance issues (e.g. monitoring and tuning).
– Perform timely code and technical design reviews.
– Work directly with IT leaders, business partners, and vendors to implement database environments that meet organization security standards and regulatory requirements.
– Ensure database environments are properly installed and implemented and utilize appropriate backup strategies.
– Perform moderately complex modification, testing and debugging tasks on vendor-supplied utilities and packages to ensure fit with current operating environment.
– Support escalation of issues with appropriate internal resources.
– Support the development and maintenance of system documentation.
– Perform all technical support of assigned applications.
– Utilize and maintain appropriate change control procedures and standards.
– Perform call rotation duties in a 247 environment and other duties as required.
Experience & Knowledge:
– 3+ years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator required.
– Technical experience and functional knowledge supporting Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 in an enterprise environment required.
– Experience supporting the following technologies preferred: OAM, OID, Oracle RAC, ASM, Weblogic on Linux/UNIX.
– Experience supporting the following applications preferred: Hyperion Financial Suite, OBIEE/OBIA, Kofax for Accounts Payable.
– Experience with Oracle PL/SQL required.
– Experience performing controlled code migrations through development environments to production environments required.
– Experience working with Oracle Support to analyze and resolve technical issues required.
– Knowledge of shell scripting required.
– Strong problem solving skills with ability to research and analyze information required.
– Knowledge of MS Office required.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to organize and communicate thoughts in a user-friendly manner required.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Business Management preferred
Oracle Database Administrator Certification, a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Shaker Heights, OH
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.