JOB TITLE: Application Engineer II
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The role of this position is to be an application developer for Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Solutions (Such as BusinessObjects, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, & SSRS). He/she will provide technical guidance in the design and maintenance of the BI reporting solutions according to departmental standards. In addition, the position will be a key role for the ongoing support, development, and growth of these BI reporting solutions. Application Engineer II provides development and consultative support for multiple BI Applications spanning multiple lines of business and multiple BI tools. This position works regularly with senior business executives to understand data needs and then designs robust technical design plans to build the end solution.
SUPERVISOR – Manager, Business Intelligence
SUPERVISES – None
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• 15% – Create a stable information technology infrastructure by maintaining a consistent release policy; planning, testing, and executing release upgrades with the necessary breadth of participation on the part of development personnel and business users; identifying, reporting, and fixing, — with vendor assistance –, material bugs and deficiencies in the tools; and setting and achieving SLAs that deliver high levels of availability, reliability, and security.
• 5% – Leverage existing (and evolving) standards to achieve consistency in the products that IT&S provides and to speed development by adhering to a relatively narrow technology footprint.
• 10% – Develop BI Reporting architecture, reports, dashboards, guided analytics, and other BI solutions.
• 5% – Provide assistance in creating product roadmaps for maintaining the currency of and exploiting the features of our BI solutions.
• 5% – Provide Leadership and Assistance in Administration, development, and maintenance of security provisioning for the supported BI solutions.
• 5% – Provide Leadership and Assistance in promotions of BI solutions from development, QA, and production environments.
• 10% – Provide Leadership and Assistance for BI solutions to the rest of the IT&S organization. Provision of the guidance takes a number of forms, including: engaging in joint-development with various application development teams, providing second-level to Customer Service and primary support to the rest of the IT&S organization, documenting and communicating standards and procedures, developing and delivering internal training & certification programs, and assisting problem analysis/resolution.
• 5% – Develop and Maintain .Net and Java applications to help support the infrastructure.
• 10% – Providing infrastructure support for all of the Development, QA, and Production application servers, user setup and maintenance for access on multiple database platforms, and universe and query design, construction, implementation, and tuning.
• 10% – Provide a high degree of technical expertise and make significant contributions to system-wide performance monitoring and tuning, business continuity planning, capacity planning, and software upgrade planning and implementation.
• 15% – Continue to grow professionally to become the consulting developer in all activities listed above.
• 5% – Utilize internal and external training opportunities to cross train on other Business Intelligence solutions and database platforms such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, BusinessObjects 4.x, PowerBI, SQL Reporting Services, SSAS, SQL Server, Teradata, and etc.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct.
• Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills – demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
• Bachelors Degree Information Systems or related degree.
• Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
• At least 3 or more years experience in PC maintenance required. Experience with HCA systems preferred.
• Work in most recent Windows environment
• Used MS Office
• Good with Numbers
• Worked with Business Intelligence Software
• Good People Skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
To apply for this job please visit hca.taleo.net.