A value added reseller is seeking a Perm Network Engineer II to join their team in Albany, NY! The Network Engineer II's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of data and networks. This is achieved by planning, designing, and implementing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. They will monitor a ticketing queue and respond to incidents in a timely manner. If there are ever outages, this individual will notify end users and works with providers to troubleshoot. There may be up to 40% travel around the Upstate New York area where the Network Engineer will be responsible for patch cabling and installing network racks and switches. The Network Engineer must have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and communicating with end users.
– Extreme Networks, Dual Skills (Cisco firewalls, Fortinet, palo alto)
– 8+ years of Enterprise Networking experience in a Network Engineer role
– Cisco experience working on enterprise networking duties and catalyst switches
– Experience troubleshooting hardware and firewalls (Cisco firewalls, Fortinet, or Palo Alto)
– Strong DNAC Experience
– Previous experience supporting a multi-site, interconnected network environment with 500+ employees (preferably a VAR)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.