ADP Technology Services, Inc. is hiring a Principle Application Developer in our Alpharetta, GA location.
- Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?
- Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you! Ready to design what’s next?
To thrive in this career, you’ll need to be enthusiastic, eager to learn, and take on stretch assignments. You strive to learn new technologies and find ways to incorporate what you learn into building your results. You’ll be curious, persistent, and at times persuasive.
As part of our team, you’ll find exciting challenges, get opportunities to grow your career, and develop solid friendships as we design what’s next for ADP and the industry. Pace should not scare you. We still find time for a healthy dose of fun.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build Teams that thrive. As an experienced leader, you want everyone to shine. You are constantly looking for ways to share your knowledge, motivate others, and keep everyone engaged and productive.
- Learning. You’re always learning new technologies and processes with tools and other training courses, conferences ADP offers, and operating with a “learn as you go” approach with a willingness to figure out new ways of doing things.
- Create Results. You’re proactive and hands-on. When you see a potential issue, you never leave things hanging and unfinished. When you and your team deliver a finished product, it’s as polished as you could make it.
- Continuous Learning. You will actively collaborate with other associates to share ideas or show what you’ve learned. You are eager to learn, keep up with ever-changing technologies, and maintain the ability to create the best tools for our clients.
- Variety of work. There is no typical day. You could be checking in with a team in India one minute, meeting with leadership to review initiatives for the coming quarter later and tomorrow handling a few ad hoc requests from your peers in other departments.
- Influence and inspire confidence. You are comfortable presenting to senior leaders, product owners, and peers with a compelling voice that you demonstrate through executive presence, leading change, and creating clear executive-level communications on milestone achievements.
- Challenges. Inevitable challenges will arise, and we’ll rely on you to look for a solution.
- Responsibilities. Responsible for participating in software application performance design and collaborate with application developers to conduct code reviews and define architecture to improve network and system performance. Ensure quality of microservice software applications and cloud infrastructure by validating performance, stability, scalability, and reliability. Define Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and shape non-functional requirements and performance of software system components. Monitor, collect, and analyze resource usage for physical servers, virtual servers, cloud infrastructures, web servers, software application servers, and database servers. Prepare and execute load, stress, and endurance test scenarios. Conduct performance tests, analyze test results, and suggest performance improvements in cloud environment. Develop and manage the continuous performance validation framework for the continuous deployment process of software applications. Investigate system bottlenecks and recommend tuning options to improve performance. Analyze software performance issues using Garbage Collection (GC) logs, heap dumps, thread dumps, Database (DB) Analysis Reports, resource usage data, profiling snapshots, and log files.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Education and Experience. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, related Engineering disciplines, or a related field of study plus eight (8) years of related experience required.
- Work Experience. Three (3) years of experience must include: Data Centers Infrastructure including Virtualization, AWS cloud and Kubernetes; Java and J2EE; JMS Messaging; HP/Micro Focus Performance Center or Load Runner; Jmeter; VUGen protocols, including Web, Web Services, Java VUser and TruClient; Memory and GC diagnostic tools including GC Viewer and Visual VM; Observability tools including Dynatrace or App Dynamics or Splunk; and CICD tools, including Jenkins, Ansible, Maven.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Have courageous team collaboration. Courage comes from how associates are willing to have difficult conversations, speak up, be an owner, and challenge one another’s ideas to find the best solution.
- Deliver at an epic scale. We deliver real user outcomes using strong judgment and good instincts. We’re obsessed with the art of achieving simplicity with a focus on client happiness and productivity.
- Be surrounded by curious learners. We align ourselves with other smart people in an environment where we grow and elevate one another to the next level. We encourage our associates to listen, stay agile, and learn from mistakes.
- Act like an owner & doer. Mission-driven and committed to leading change, you will be encouraged to take on any challenge and solve complex problems. No tasks are beneath or too great for us. We are hands-on and willing to master our craft.
- Give back to others. Always do the right thing for our clients and our community and humbly give back to the community where we live and work. Support our associates in times of need through ADP’s Philanthropic Foundation.
- Join a company committed to equality and equity. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc ® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.