Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for server, workstation, and application virtualization solutions. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: x86 hypervisors, VDI, application virtualization/layering, scripting/automation, and x86 hardware solutions. Works independently and provides forward thinking solutions that drive both infrastructure and business solutions in a highly available and highly regulated environment. Interfaces with Solution Architect and Application Development teams on standards exceptions or problem solving of issues relating to hardware/os/application integration.
On an Agile infrastructure team, you are responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for client workstation and application virtualization solutions. Core competencies include, but are not limited to: Windows Build/Image Management, Apple Mac Build/Image Management, VDI, Application virtualization/layering, Software Deployment, PowerShell scripting/automation. Works independently as well as part of a tight-knit team, provides forward thinking solutions that drive both infrastructure and business solutions in a highly available and highly regulated environment. Interfaces with Solution Architects and other corresponding teams (network, security, appdev, hardware) on feature enrichment or problem solving of issues relating to the full system architecture stack.
- Responsible for full lifecycle development for application and hardware solutions. Performs POT's/POC's to determine proper technical solution and customize, test, deploy them for usage in a highly regulated and highly available environment.
- Researches current industry trends and best practices working with both internal parties and 3rd party vendors.
- Responds to engagements from the Command Center and 1st/2nd level operations teams to provide production fixes and root cause analysis. Available on a pager rotation for 24×7 support.
- Documents current environments, SOPS, future directions, technical designs, change tickets, and other items for internal operations as well as external auditors.
Qualifications You’ll Need:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Engineering Minimum
- 4+ years’ experience in large enterprise systems engineering, or related experience
- In Lieu of Education experience 6+ years’ experience in large enterprise systems engineering, or related
- 10+ Years’ Experience working/supporting a MS Windows environment (Client, Server, or both) using innovative and automated solutions.
- In depth knowledge of related infrastructure technologies and landscape (hardware, software, network, security, etc.)
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is preferred
- Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills and the capability to address and interact with individuals or groups at varying levels of the organization.
- Familiar with Agile methodologies a plus
- Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Endpoints (Windows 10, 7)
- Apple Mac
- Windows Server 2016/2012 not required, but considered
- Virtualization Technologies: VMware, Citrix or equivalent
- Thin Client Management
- PowerShell Scripting
- SCCM or equivalent experience with configuration management solutions
- Microsoft Intune/Endpoint Manager
- Group Policy Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Audit/Compliance: Archer #LI-BG1
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.