We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation’s premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description: American Tire Distributors (ATD) is looking for experienced Data Science practitioners to help transform one of the more traditional industries in North America. As critical member of the Center of Excellence, he/she will take a leadership role in ideating and executing a portfolio of high impact analytics initiatives. This individual will serve as a team leader and mentor to junior data scientists, design custom algorithms and simulations, and write production-level code. He/she will partner with cross functional teams from Merchandising, Marketing, Supply chain, Operations, Ecommerce, and Finance for product and process optimization and interface with architects and traditional IT to roll out his projects. The right candidate will be creative in analytical thinking, agile in iterative execution, and adroit in communicating with higher management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Leadership role in maturing MVPs and guiding successful solution implementations
– Collaborate with cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, ML experts, and SMEs to address challenges head on and negotiate consensus
– Champion agile software processes, iterative & measurable development, responsible experimentation
– Review, analyse and report on technologies, methods, research and trends
– Translate insights into predictive power through feature engineering in Python
– Use dimensionality reduction and variable selection to reduce the size of model input data
– Tune ML models in production to optimize out-of-sample performance
– Use white-box techniques like LIME and CMM to help business users interpret complex model outputs
– unsupervised learning techniques to segment products and customers
– Use linear, nonlinear, and integer programming techniques to optimize network flows, inventory placement, and other business processes
– Design realistic simulations of business processes to help understand bottlenecks when key metrics are not tracked
– Write robust, functionalized, and unit tested code ready to be deployed to production
– Without exception, brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the role and has a strong sense of ownership and impact orientation
– Articulates complex quantitative analyses in clear and precise terms to technical and non-technical audience
– A strong willingness to mentor junior team members breeding a culture of curiosity, honesty, collaboration, and trust Highly fluent reading, writing and presentation skills
Direct Report Position Titles
– PhD, M.S. with publications and/or exceptional industry experience, in Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, or other computational sciences with a focus on data science / machine learning / Optimization
– Strong background in Mathematics (linear algebra and calculus), Statistics and Computational Thinking
– 5+ years of hands-on experience in data science or machine learning. Deep learning technologies a plus
– 5+ years of experience visualizing data, engineering features, and building ML pipelines in Python, R, or a similar language
– 2+ years of experience in a production-level coding environment
– 2+ years of experience managing small teams
– Highly proficient in Python, R or Scala, preferably Python
– Skilled at working with ETL technologies (SQL and noSQL) and familiar with Hadoop, MapReduce, Apache Spark and Spark streaming. Experience with one or more cloud-based platforms is a plus.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R05730
Job ID: R05730
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
American Tire Distributors
Through decades of acquisitions and steady growth, ATD has emerged as the nation’s premier tire distributor. We serve customers from over 100 distribution centers across the United States, with nearly 10 million square feet of inventory supported by a rapid delivery network, a field of dedicated sales specialists, an industry-leading technology platform, state-of-the-art logistics and a variety of marketing support programs. Contact Info
– Huntersville, NC 28078
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.