MetroStar Systems Careers
Principal DevOps Automation Engineer
Cloud Computing Reston, Virginia
MetroStar Systems is looking for a Principal DevOps Automation
Engineer that is passionate about automating, developing, and
executing DevOps best practices, providing solution architectures, and
strategy for DevOps adoption. If you want to join a company that
values self-motivated, passionate, and fearless individuals, we want
you to work for MetroStar!
You re a great fit if
* You are entrenched, socialized, and subscribed to the DevOps
culture and mindset with exposure to industry standard DevOps
* You are passionate about DevOps initiatives and constantly looking
to improve processes.
* You are detailed oriented and can work independently in
* You have experience leading and developing teams.
* You have experience presenting solutions to technical and
You ll love this position if
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
* You have 3+ years of experience with configuration management
tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
* You have a strong Linux background and 3+ years experience with
Linux Administration and shell scripting.
* You have experience factoring in security (e.g., Identity Access
Management, Firewalling, Vulnerability Scanning) in every part of
the development process and automating core security tasks by
embedding security controls and processes in the DevOps workflow.
* You have experience with branching strategies in Git and
experience creating jobs and pipelines in CI/CD tools like
Jenkins, bamboo, or CircleCI.
* Working knowledge IaaS providers like AWS, Azure, and RackSpace.
* You have experience working in Agile environments and applying
automation techniques with multiple teams operating in parallel to
accomplish large initiative deployments.
* You have a Bachelor s Degree or relevant work experience in the
build/automation subject area.
We ll REALLY love you if
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
* You have a developer background and insider understanding how
DevOps integrates with developers.
* You have experience working in sprints and/or Kanban.
* You have experience with JIRA and other Atlassian tools,
Terraform, CloudFormation, or Docker.
* You have experience creating tests for your automation tool of
What your day will look like:
* You will grow and lead a team of developers.
* You will work with Scrum Masters, Business analysts, Developers to
* You will also provide support to develop new and innovative
* You will provide support to develop automated scripts and
solutions to achieve sprint tasks.
The Admin Stuff: Applicants selected will be subject to a government
security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for
potential access to classified information and obtain a Public Trust
The Legal Stuff: MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability,
age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore,
they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to
change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.