What you’ll be doing.
You will be part of the Core Infrastructure Support Team, focused on developing solutions for iEN (intelligent edge network) that drive the success of Verizon’s Networks and Platforms. They must be innovative and be able to work in cross-functional activities with partners in Planning, Performance, and Engineering. The engineer will be responsible for developing automation (DevOps) solutions that require ingenuity with an emphasis on continuous operational improvement and efficiency
A successful candidate will be responsible for design, build, test and deployment of services and API that will be integral to the operational toolkit. In addition, you will also need to:
– Develop scripts and programs to leverage automation to eliminate manual processes and provide near real-time visibility into network/system health and performance.
– Embrace agile methodologies and show an aptitude for being able to adapt.
– Be able to automate backend and frontend test scripts in Python or equivalent scripting language.
– Design of framework for software automation of test cases using Python or equivalent scripting language.
– Possess strong experience with API development work.
– Experience with Linux operating system and system administration.
– Work independently, and require supervision on only complex tasks and assignments.
What we’re looking for.
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
– Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– A degree
– Experience with Automation using configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt. Ability to develop programs using REST API to a controller northbound interface.
– Experience with Splunk for Proactive monitoring and Analysis using Next Generation telemetry, logging, reporting, dash board development, and continuous delivery technologies.
– Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby) and API experience.
– Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), REST-CONF, and YANG.
– Certification in OpenStack, CloudStack, or similar.
– Hands-on Experience with multiple Software Defined Networking (SDN) controller architectures (OpenDaylight, Open Contrail, Northstar).
– Knowledge of Network Configuration Models (Openconfig Yang Models, IETF Yang Models.
– Ability to quickly analyze situations, identify problems, and provide solutions.
– Ability to lead and drive projects to completion and handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills including capability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
– Networking experience.
When you join Verizon.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.