Job Description – Ball Corporation
Principal Embedded Software Engineer (******) – Security Clearance
CO – Boulder
Return to Previous Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to
perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create
innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts,
drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data
and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward
bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit
****************************** Facebook or Twitter.
Principal Embedded Software Engineer
What You ll Do:
* Design, develop and implement software on a broad range of
projects in a collaborative environment.
* Support all types of software development, including embedded
software, application level tool development, and test script
generation for secure aerospace, avionics and related tactical
* Perform full software life cycle functions including software
requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration,
documentation, and support.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the
department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately
with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What You ll Need:
* BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field
is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D., may
substitute for two years of experience. Related technical
experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be
from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an
agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department
* Active Top Secret clearance required.
* Experience in designing, developing, and testing software for
operational systems using programming languages such as C, C++,
Ada, Ruby/Python and other languages/applications.
* Proven leadership experience at the technical, team, or
* Understanding of and experience with real-time operating systems
including Linux or VxWorks.
* Experience with embedded software development, including
real-time embedded software.
* A working knowledge of waterfall and/or Agile lifecycles and
activities in each phase.
* Experience with formal software development practices including
the use of software configuration management, coding standards,
and style guides.
* Proven ability to balance multiple projects.
* Experience with security analysis, exploit discovery/mitigation,
forensics, and vulnerability testing in embedded systems is
* Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or
clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
* May occasionally work in production work centers where use of
protective equipment and gear is required.
* May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible
non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security
investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to
classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran
status, or disability status.
Return to Previous Page
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.