Full Stack Engineers are tasked with delivering software quickly. They reject waterfall and deep design and embrace an iterative, trial and error methodology for software delivery. They use techniques like pair-programming and test-driven design to enable quick coding sprints. To keep the teams small, they are required to master multiple development languages, products, frameworks and software packages. The develop front-end web applications, back end services, and mobile apps. As a result, each team of Full Stack Engineers operate with minimal dependencies on outside teams or people. Full Stack Engineers are regularly rotated between products to prevent accumulation of tribal knowledge and to allow growth in different technologies. Full Stack Engineers are defined by three traits: hunger for new technology, empathy for people, and genius in mastery of code.
The purpose of a Full Stack developer is to work with business to innovate. Rather than be order-takers, the Full Stack Engineer works with Product Managers and business stakeholders to iterate into a solution that may have been unforeseen or unexpected. This is done by constantly testing KPIs and assertions, and by being entirely consumer focused. Pivoting when needed, and evolving when expectations are met. The result is the right product gets built quickly.
- Engineers always work with a pair – no exceptions. We program all day, every day
- Tests are always written prior to code
- CI-CD pipelines are developed and used by Engineers to employee and auto-test code
- All Engineers participate and lead lab events: Breakouts, IPM, Stand-up, Retros, Playbacks, and Lunch-n-Learns
- Engineers take ownership of the application, infrastructure and integration architecture they develop upon
SUPPORT WHAT WE BUILD
- Engineers are expected to support the products the work on 24/7. To that end, they are empowered to do automation and self-healing application development
Experience and Qualifications:
- Hands on experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Angular JS or React JS
- Experience with Java and Spring Boot
- Experience with Swift, Kotlin or React-Native
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
The Hertz Corporation operates the Hertz, Dollar Car Rental, Thrifty Car Rental brands in approximately 9,700 corporate and franchisee locations throughout North America, Europe, The Caribbean, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The Hertz Corporation is one of the largest worldwide airport general use vehicle rental companies, and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world.
US EEO STATEMENT
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.