At Arup, our creative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever-changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future. Arup is rising to these new challenges by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and crafting better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our New York City Office is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer Principal to join our multi-disciplinary Building Engineering team. Our New York office has over 500 staff and 25+ technical disciplines providing services to our clients at all stages of a project. Your projects could be local in New York and the tristate area, national and international, and require that you to work closely with our colleagues in other Arup offices in the US and around the world. Our clients include both public and private client organizations. Market sectors served include commercial, transportation including rail and aviation, education, arts & culture, data centers, health care, energy, and science and industry, among others.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Project leadership to deliver successful outcomes for our Clients and our firm
• Supervising and leading the development of our staff
• Maintaining the firm’s current business relationships and building new business relationships
• Contributing to the overall development and health of our firm
The Qualified Professional will have:
• Bachelor’s or higher degree in Mechanical/Architectural Engineering with a PE License
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering and a strong technical base
• A track record of success in business development and project delivery in one or more of the market sectors described above
• Industry influence through participation in local and national Professional Associations
• Exceptional vision and management skills required for business leadership in a rapidly changing business environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working and client interaction
• Ability to succeed in an international, multi-cultural business environment
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.