Requisition ID 2018-41556
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
General Dynamics Health Solutions is actively looking for a Cloud Network Engineer (Principal) to help lead the deployment and operations of a robust network topology in an enterprise cloud environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
* Analyze, design, test, install, documentation, implement and support complex network solutions in cloud environments (i.e. AWS and Azure).
* Analyze and recommend contemporary and emerging technologies for deployment across the enterprise including but not limited to MPLS WAN in a dual carrier cloud, DMVPN, QoS policies, marking, and policy map.
* Subject Matter Expert in IP routing protocols including BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, MPLS.
* Implementation and support of user-facing VPN systems with multi-factor authentication.
* Network capacity management, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
* Design, testing, implementation, and supporting an enterprise WAN solutions that integrate with 3rd party WAN providers and remote systems.
* Demonstrate good judgment, identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions.
* Prepare and maintain up to date documentation for internal and external customers detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
* Help resolve complex IT issues in a Tier 2-3 capacity.
* Mentor junior staff members on day-to-day operations, analytic skills, and network technologies.
* Possess and maintain a deep understanding of IaaS and PaaS services offered on cloud platforms and understand how to design and operate networks to support ease of use, self-service, automation, and reliability of services.
* Work with Security teams early in design phases to ensure solutions comply with FISMA controls and Federal security policies.
* Participate in the creation of a DevOps-enabled automated CI/CD solution that delivers tools and processes for rapid application development efforts and on-going production operations.
* Collaborate with development, operations, and infrastructure teams to develop sound automation solutions. Troubleshoot automation issues and find practical solutions to address barriers, enabling forward movement in the application lifecycle.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* Training and Certification in network technologies and services.
* 10+ or more years of related information technology experience.
* Demonstrated experience in network design and operations of enterprise systems.
* 2-5 years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing (i.e. AWS, Azure, Private).
* Cisco certifications, CCNP Cloud a plus.
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
* Familiarity with Docker containers, working experience a plus.
* Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology.
* Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
* Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
* US Citizen only.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.