The Principal Portfolio Architect leads and supports activities that guide the direction for managing a portfolio of business solutions and driving targeted outcomes. This role provides leadership, analysis and design related to the development of the company’s principal architecture. The Principal Portfolio Architect leads deliverables that help develop a direction for managing the company’s portfolio of “to be” and “as is” solutions including systems (applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to better match targeted business outcome objectives.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (current and future state) and determines corresponding system designs and change requirements to drive the company’s targeted business outcomes.
- Designs and leads the implementation of a solution architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements.
- Manages and develops the architecture for a broader scope of projects, working closely with application developers, business analysts and product managers that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Provides consulting support to application developers, business analysts and product managers to ensure projects are aligned with company architecture.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Understands, advocates and augments the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyzes the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend principles for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation.
- Analyzes the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determines their potential impact on the company.
- Defines the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the company’s future-state architecture vision
- Designs and directs the governance activities associated with ensuring principal architecture assurance and compliance.
- Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the company’s application portfolio from current to future state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identifies when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Identifies the organizational impact on skills, processes, structures or culture and financial impact of the principal architecture.
- Documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Works closely with the Reyes Holdings (RH) Project Delivery, Enterprise Architecture and Engineering to coordinate architecture, ensure compliance with RH standards and deliver integrated business solutions.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, System Analysis or related disciplines
- 8 plus years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- 5 plus years of management experience
- Experience with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models
- Understanding of agile methods and processes; capability of supporting agile project teams by providing guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Understanding of application development methodologies, and infrastructure and network architecture
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Ability to work with developers in both in-sourced and out-outsourced environments
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to align a team to the company’s vision and facilitate an open exchange of ideas and opinions and lead a team through change
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- This job requires up to 20% travel.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing and/or Information Technology or other IT disciplines
- 5 plus years of experience in information-intensive industries, Consumer Product Goods (CPG) companies or digitally advanced companies
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.