What You Need To Know
Open the door to a groundbreaking tech career with an industry leader. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. To create a new era in alcohol beverage sales and service, we're heavily invested in the most transformative new technologies – and the most brilliant tech professionals. Southern Glazer's was named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and is included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
We offer continuous learning and career growth in a fast-paced environment where you are respected, your voice is heard, and technology is part of our strategy for success. If you're looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Principal Developer Sales Force Solutions is responsible for developing and enhancing in-house software applications or extensions by coding with a technical language to meet business requirements and business objectives. This can includes taking technical specifications and developing an application or integration of data between applications, testing, as well as, completing the appropriate technical documentation. The developer will use best practices in software development and adhere to SGWS development standards, as well as focus on quality and innovation. The principal developer will be responsible for the creation or modification of best practices and SGWS development standards. The developer will mentor and assist other developers in understanding and incorporating best practices and standards within the team. The developer may also be responsible for delivering support to end users in the organization for specific code, including troubleshooting code.
Specialized Skills and Technologies
- Salesforce Service, Sales, Experience, Marketing, and Consumer Good Clouds
- Einstein Analytics, Lightning/Lightning Web Components, Visual Force, APEX, Java, Process Builder
- Salesforce.com certified developer I and developer II
- Experience in SOQL
- Experience in developing API/Web Services, REST and SOAP, Java Script, test automation, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum
- Strong team player with ability to work with multiple stakeholders across a variety of functions as well as able to work independently
- Excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Strong analytical, mathematic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and manage an action plan including strong attention to detail
- Serve in a team leader capacity with large-scale Application Development projects / programs
- Drive technical validity of solution
- Coordinate issues resolution activities with varied stakeholders
- Drive the development of business and technical process documentation and training materials
- Review entire problem logs, identify recurring problems, and complete steps for long-term resolution
- Provide coaching and development to more junior Application Developers
- Create or modify development standards
- Share, present, and mentor other development on use of standards or best practices
- Coordinate the work of 3rd party development teams
- Participate in Agile teams
- Drive Behavior-Driven-Design (BDD) process
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of work experience and education
- Seven (7)+ years in an application development or comparable experience
- Four (4)+ years in Salesforce.com specific development
- Experience developing and supporting production applications including limited experience coordinating and leading development teams/projects
- Experience working in large complex technology projects including those with offshore teams
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Testing, Genetics, Application Developer, Outside Sales, Java, Technology, Science, Sales
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.