Principal Software Engineer Job at Thales Group in San Jose | Careers at Thales Group
– Discover Thales
– Working With Us
– How To
– Meet our people
EN FR NL DE ES
– In Engineering
– In Finance
– In Business
Search our jobs, use specific search options to find the perfect match
– about us
– people & projects
– Graduates & Internships
– about us
– people & projects
LocationSelect LocationFranceUnited KingdomNetherlandsGermanyCanadaUnited StatesAustraliaBelgiumSingaporeRomaniaItalyAustriaIndiaHong Kong SARPortugalSpainBrazilQatarPolandChinaDenmarkSaudi ArabiaMexicoUnited Arab EmiratesSweden
CategorySelect CategoryBid & Project ManagementCommunicationsCustomer ServiceFinanceGeneral ManagementHardwareHSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical WelfareHuman ResourcesIndustryLegal & ContractsPurchasingQuality & Customer SatisfactionSoftware – IS/IT & CybersecurityStrategy, Marketing, SalesSystems EngineeringThales e-Security Worldwide
Jobs By Location
– France Jobs 2740
– United Kingdom Jobs 173
– Netherlands Jobs 144
– Germany Jobs 118
– Canada Jobs 80
– United States Jobs 80
– Australia Jobs 79
– Belgium Jobs 38
– Singapore Jobs 36
– Romania Jobs 23
– Italy Jobs 22
– Austria Jobs 15
– India Jobs 12
– Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
– Portugal Jobs 10
– Spain Jobs 8
– Brazil Jobs 8
– Qatar Jobs 6
– Poland Jobs 5
– China Jobs 5
– Denmark Jobs 5
– Saudi Arabia Jobs 3
– Mexico Jobs 2
– United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
– Sweden Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
– Bid & Project Management Jobs 220
– Communications Jobs 15
– Customer Service Jobs 344
– Finance Jobs 57
– General Management Jobs 8
– Hardware Jobs 352
– HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 256
– Human Resources Jobs 53
– Industry Jobs 335
– Legal & Contracts Jobs 24
– Purchasing Jobs 87
– Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 47
– Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1077
– Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 75
– Systems Engineering Jobs 674
– Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 27
Principal Software Engineer
Job ID: R******* Location: San Jose, California, United States of America
Full time, Regular Employment
Location: San Jose, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovatove solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will be instrumental in the architecting, designing and implementation of management application software for a security product.
– Software engineering principles and best practices across all phases of commercial development and engineering product release practices
– Professional experience designing and building scalable microservices and orchestration
– Designing features for multi-tenancy, high availability, scalability, manageability and extensibility
– Evaluate new technologies, evangelize with prototypes and eventually get it integrated into the products where applicable
– Using test driven methodologies and automation in the design and development phase to ensure quality before hand-off to Quality Assurance teams for further testing and verification.
– Debugging and resolving complex problems in multi-threaded applications
– Working closely with customer support to understand issues and represent solutions
– Communicating task and project status to the team and engineering management
– Time management for ensuring project goals are met on time and within budget
– Accurately breaking down, estimating, and scheduling software tasks
– Formal software configuration management & control tools
– Keeping up-to-date with technical developments in the field of server development and security
Skills and Experience:
– 10+ years of related experience
– 1-2 years of experience using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes and launching products in production using these technologies.
– Experience in using Messaging technologies (Kafka, Any MQ) and messaging patterns
– Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and core Java, JEE programming skills
– Experience with RESTful Web Service API/JBoss RESTEasy, Spring Frameworks with SOAP/Apache CXF
– Familiar with JUnit/JMock, SNMP4J, Syslog4J, JNDI/LDAP, JMS, XML, gradle, SVN
– Experience in the development of high availability and database-centric enterprise-class software on DB2 or Postgres. Programming knowledge around No SQL databases is required
– Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues
– In-depth understanding of Design Principles, experience with new product launches from scratch and re-architecting existing products with new design principles.
– Experience in JCE, JSSE, OpenSSL, and knowledge of PKI, PKCS, KMIP standards.
– Demonstrable track record of developing management applications
– Understanding of service and device management
– Experience with Linux software development, package, test & release, desirable knowledge of scripting languages
– Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision. Strong team player. Willingness to proactively interact with the team and achieve results in a dynamic environment
Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering) Master’s degree a plus
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results For United States Candidates Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement. For more information about your rights as an applicant, please review EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement or EEO is the Law (Spanish) and EEO is the Law Supplement (Spanish). If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-************ or email us at *****************************. Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here. About our location San Jose, United States of America Explore Similar Jobs - Security Engineer San Jose, United States
– Senior DevOps Engineer San Jose, United States
Sign up for job alerts
EmailInterested InSearch for a category and select one from the list of suggestions. Search for a location and select one from the list of suggestions. Finally, click Add to create your job alert.
– Home page
– Thales Group
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
For more information about your rights as an applicant, please review EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement or EEO is the Law (Spanish) and EEO is the Law Supplement (Spanish).
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-************ or email us at *****************************.
Thales is an E-Verify employer – learn more here.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.