What you'll do…
Walmart Global Tech's Site Reliability Engineering team is built with hybrid engineers who are responsible and take ownership for reliability, scalability, automation, and important issues related to uptime, availability and fast rate of improvement of Walmart's e-commerce, stores, and omni-channel platform. Our goal is to build and guard the systems that delights the customers with watchful eye on capacity and performance.
As part of Reliability Engineering & Operations, you'll help to implement a unified, reliable, operationally set of tools for Walmart Technology & its customers across all channels and geographies.
What you'll do
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with Engineering and Operations teams to lead technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale applications, products, and platforms. You'll have opportunity to manage the complex challenges of micro services and scale which are unique to Walmart's e-commerce, stores, and omni-channel platform, while using your expertise in coding, algorithms, complex triaging and analysis, and large-scale system design. You'll excel if you have enthusiasm to dig deep and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization for uptime/availability and organization. To do so, you will need strong skills in following areas:
- Design, write and build tools to improve the reliability, latency, availability, and scalability of Walmart Tech stack including 1) Engender reliability and availability starting with metrics and measurements. 2) Enable scaling by providing tools, developing training and/or augmenting processes. 3) Build tools/automate to prevent re-occurrence of problem to mission critical products/services. 4) Augment existing instrumentation to build a cohesive picture of the characteristics of our systems with special attention to points of failure.
- Build and scale fault-tolerant system and services in our hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Partner across Engineering organization to establish strategic plans and objectives to improve the mean time to detect and mean time to restore.
- Collaborate with Service owners to define the SLOs and build SLIs to ensure systems are meeting the SLAs.
What you'll bring
- Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership experience.
- Retail or Site facing transactional web services experience, internet-based services environment would be added advantage.
- RESTful Microservices experience. As well as container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes.
- API design, development, and management experience.
- Clear Communication, including the ability to create functional charts. Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Cloud native technology, CI/CD experience.
- Experience in Retail or Site facing transactional web services, internet-based services environment would be added advantage.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $168,000.00-$252,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
– Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
– Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Option 2: 7 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.