– Tech Specs
Principal Software Engineer
Seattle, WA – Full-time
to this Job
Glowforge is a beautiful device that sits on your desk. It uses a laser to carve and engrave products from raw materials like wood, leather, acrylic – even cardboard. If you haven’t already, check out our video on *************. While you’re there, you’ll notice something amazing: Glowforge is the largest crowdfunding campaign in history.
There is an incredible demand for what we’re creating. It’s not a geeky tool for the tech elite or a garage workshop; we’re crafting an iconic product that is going to change the way people think about creativity. Our customers include consumers, digital designers, crafters, engineers, teachers, artists, and more.
This is a full-time role in Seattle, and we are happy to help new employees relocate to this beautiful city.
Why we need you
Glowforge has a large, passionate, and diverse community of customers who are beyond the moon about their new laser-fueled superpowers, and the Showcase Engineering team is the backbone of this community.
We support customers from the moment they hear about Glowforge, through their learning process, and even beyond the time they have one of their very own and are creating anything they can dream up. Need to buy more Proofgrade materials for a project? We got you covered. Need a quick design for a gift? We got you covered. Want to invite your friend to print with you? That’s us too!
The Showcase Engineering team serves as the lynchpin for company growth by creating a flawless customer experience and supporting our business operations with everything from analyzing data that drives marketing decisions to create tools that empower the business to move quickly.
We need your talented eye and brilliant coding skills to help us make our customer experience even more magical by creating software that teaches people how to share their projects, and master their Glowforge artistry so they feel comfortable creating whatever masterpiece they can conjure up! With your guidance, we can continue to make the Glowforge experience an amazing part of our customer’s daily lives. If you are excited about empowering people to have laser-fueled super-powers then we are excited about meeting you!
Here’s what you’ll be doing
You will be a senior individual contributor who both writes code and designs software. You will create the architectural approaches that unify the many disparate components of our software stack into a unified customer experience.
– You will be spearheading engineering tasks that continue to shape an amazing product for our customers.
– You will stretch your coding skills in new directions and pitch in when your colleagues need help.
– You will collaborate with other engineering leaders as well as the engineering managers to assist and mentor our amazing team of software developers while serving as a role model for the company’s core values.
– You will contribute to planning sessions with design, product, and marketing teams to help build user stories, priorities, and specifications to drive development.
– You will be responsible for key decisions about which technologies to add to the stack. We choose the best technology for the job at hand and have already deployed Rails, Node, and Python in production.
– You will engage in regular code reviews and design sessions with your fellow engineers.
– You will lead the implementation of major new product initiatives that are top secret and incredibly exciting.
You have these core qualifications:
– You have 10+ years of experience writing copious amounts of thoughtful, high-quality production code.
– You’ve been the technical leader for one or more shipping software projects that people love.
– You truly enjoy mentoring, leading, and working with a diverse engineering team, but aren’t interested in being a manager right now.
– You’re excited about being personally responsible for making Glowforge successful, and you’re adept at navigating ambiguity that arises in a startup environment, adjusting to changing priorities, and moving with confidence even when guidance is limited.
– You’re passionate about writing phenomenal software. and know that you sometimes have to make some trade-offs to ship quickly.
These aren’t required, but you’d get bonus points if:
– You’re experienced with back-end server technologies and designing for the *ilities (testability, maintainability, extensibility, scalability, and security-ility).
– You’re familiar with hardware challenges like drivers, motion controller algorithms, and/or low-level code (you’ll be working with the hardware team and may have the opportunity to build low-level interfaces).
– You have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud’s suite of technologies.
– You have worked at a start-up or a fast-growing company.
Send us a resume or a link to whatever showcases your skills the best. If a resume isn’t handy, a LinkedIn profile or GitHub account is fine. We can’t wait to meet you.
One more, very important thing: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We’re strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.
to this Job
Have questions? Email us. Or check out the rest of the current openings.
Sign up for our latest news and updates
Thank you for subscribing!
HomeFAQCommunityWhat’s New?Tech SpecsReviews
2018 Glowforge, Inc., All Rights Reserved
2200 1st Ave. South, First Floor, Seattle, WA 98134
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.