What you'll do…
About the team:
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you'll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You'll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with our Product Management and business teams to lead technical discovery, design, and implementation of large-scale platforms and products. You'll work to identify short-term and long-term solutions and timelines, review and approve proposed solutions, and provide pertinent documentation, direction, and examples to your team.
What you'll do:
- Provide deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Sam's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our members and associates.
- Identify opportunities at the engineering and product side and influence leaders and engineers to solve high impact problems.
- Mentor, coach and strengthen the technical expertise within the team.
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the Engineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities.
- Leads the discovery phase of large software engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable architecture and solutions; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timelines; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of experience providing technical and architectural guidance, with 3+ years in technical lead or architect roles .
- Extensive experience building large-scale, high-performing mobile applications.
- Strong Java, Spring framework, Kafka, SQL and cloud experience such as Azure.
- Container technologies such as Docker on Kubernetes
- Strong API design, development, and management
- Excellent ability to communicate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision in both written and verbal modes across multiple functional teams.
- Extensive experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Create and capture best practices, technical content, and new reference architectures (e.g., white papers, code samples, blog posts).
- Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
- Provide guidance and drive engineering excellence covering site reliability, alerts & monitoring, product health and portability.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Passionate about solving deep technical challenges. It's a must!
- Nice to have Mobile experience either iOS or Android or React-Native
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process .
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Option 2: 7 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
2101 SE SIMPLE SAVINGS DR, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-4304, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.