What you'll do…
Looking for an architect who can lead Fulfillment Management Systems (FMS) which is a critical post-purchase system responsible for our customers' seamless experience after the order is placed and until it's delivered or picked-up.
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do:
- Leads the discovery phase of large software engineering projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to determine project strategy; interpreting strategy into sustainable architecture and solutions; driving prototype development to ensure concept is feasible; and implementing prototypes to validate projects.
- Leads project teams for engineering projects by providing direction regarding project plan; identifying short- and long-term solutions and timelines; providing guidance regarding project issues or roadblocks; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Lead and mentor the Staff and Senior engineers in the team for design and building high quality applications.
- Root-cause analysis of complex problems involving multiple parties, networks, hardware, and software that relate to scaling and performance.
What you'll bring:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or Bachelor's degree in CS or related field 10+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in building and managing large scale distributed, scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems
- Identify opportunities at the engineering and product side and influence leaders and engineers to solve high impact problems.
- Experience with more than one programming language (Java preferred)
- Experience with Azure, GCP, AWS, or private cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and constituent technologies preferably Kafka
- Experience with distributed NoSQL databases (Cosmos, Cassandra etc.)
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $168,000.00-$252,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
– Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
– Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Option 2: 7 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.