Posting date 6 hours ago(7/25/2018 2:51 AM)
Job ID 63292
Category Software Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Ansible Tower Engineering team is looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer to join us in Durham, NC. In this role, you will design and implement test automation, automate daily tasks, and improve overall test coverage. Using your considerable experience and leadership capability you will advise, recommend, and implement improvements to our best procedures and test automation framework. Working closely with developers you’ll identify areas of risk, understand customer usage, and design and develop test automation to mitigate risks. You’ll be a key contributor on the team that is responsible for the quality of Ansible Tower.
Primary job responsibilities
* Design, develop, and implement test automation
* Investigate and recommend strategic improvements to tools and processes to advance and expand testing capability, efficiency, and throughput
* Actively participate in code reviews with the team
* Define test strategy by reviewing requirements, architecture, and design documents
* Diagnose complex problems and document defects of our offerings
* Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring for team members
* Perform manual tests as necessary
* 8+ years of experience in application and automation development
* Demonstrated experience writing Ansible playbooks and roles, or similar automation language like Salt, Chef or Puppet
* Proficient with Python; 3+ years experience developing Python applications
* Demonstrated experience in analyzing overall platform architectures and developing test frameworks, tools, and strategies to meet test needs
* Experience working with continuous integration (CI) frameworks like Jenkins and Travis
* Systems administrator-level Linux skills in one or more Linux distributions
* Outstanding communication and documentation skills
* Experience with cloud technologies, like EC2, Google Cloud Platform, VMware, or Red Hat OpenStack Platform
* Knowledge and experience with CI/CD concepts, platforms, tools and practices
* Motivated with the ability to motivate others and a customer-focused service attitude
The following is considered a plus:
* Experience working with Kubernetes or OpenShift
* Demonstrated experience writing UI automation with tools like Selenium or Nightwatch
* Demonstrated experience developing Python REST clients
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification
* Upstream involvement in open source projects, including submitting patches for upstream inclusion
* Understand SDLC and Agile or Scrum processes
* Experience with open source communities via mailing lists, bug reports, patches, etc.
* Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a technology-related discipline
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.