Principal Software Engineer (API, Microservices, Distributed Ledger Technology Architecture) – Remote
Overview of Position
The high cost of healthcare affects everyone, sick or well. At Change Healthcare we're focused on accelerating the transformation of the U.S. healthcare system through the power of the Change Healthcare Platform. Come join us and help build new and innovative solutions that will define the future of healthcare.
As the Principal Engineer you will work with the cross functional teams. You will work directly with the business and technology leaders to understand the holistic business strategy and define and develop cloud-native, distributed trust architectures and product deliverables to support the strategy.
As the Principal Engineer you will also lead, and actively participates in, the design and hands-on development of innovative solutions including prototyping, proofs-of-concept, new enterprise technology components, and the delivery of products to market.
Our ideal candidate would have launched multiple strategic solutions, have demonstrated the ability to lead highly complex solutions from inception through launch, and landed them with measurable difference for the customers.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Work with product, technology leaders, and engineers to develop high-performing, cloud-native software architectures. Dive deep to leverage existing services to build an enterprise platform that works seamlessly across various functions.
- Own high level architecture, design, and provide guidance through the implementation of the solutions.
- Collaborate across Change Healthcare teams, their partners, and occasionally directly with the customers to understand the challenges and device solutions.
- Provide hands-on engineering guidance including architectural patterns, software design and development as well as recommended use of enterprise technologies and services.
- Lead technical aspects of sensitive business advancement initiatives such as M&A, partner evaluations, 3rd party technology assessments and alignment with technology trends
- Provide architectural “governance” across the organization ensuring technology teams are adhering to best practices and established engineering disciplines.
- Periodic industry contributor or pioneer through active engagement in communities, white paper development, industry conferences and symposia while promoting the organization’s objectives and services.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- A degree in Computer Science or related technology discipline
- 15 years of professional experience including technical leadership, or 13 years with advanced degree, or 10 years with PhD
- Experience with technical innovation in software architecture and building innovative solutions.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 20 years of professional experience
- Experience in blockchain or distributed ledger technologies (DLT)
- Experience building high volume, scalable, fail safe service based architecture with clear service boundaries and measurable performance indicators.
- Fully understand inter dependencies and arrive at the best solution leveraging existing solutions.
- Demonstrable ability to develop software, write and test code via modern programming languages and deploy cloud-native solutions. This assumes principal software engineer/developer or sr. software engineer/developer competency
- Ability to present and defend technical proposals in front of audiences of varying size
- Empathy for customers, healthcare complexity, and drive with customer delight as the north star.
- Expert in architecture design principles and system integration methodologies for geographically dispersed systems operating at scale
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.